Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

I tried 4 Hunters with a healer, but the healer got tons of aggro that couldn't be shifted in Legion dungeons.. so for me wasn't worth it.

I also tried earlier on with a healer. I had the same problems with aggro as Andrea mentions. Also the healing added to my group was not worth it considering the complexity added by breaking the homogeneous setup of 5 Identical characters. Giving extra thought to what my healer was doing, and trying to not move so much to let healer cast, ended with me standing in more bad stuff, and dying earlier than without the healer.

Just wanted to say David that volley works great in Mythic+ - been trying it on my solo hunter, with Stomp, blink strikes & dire stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Just wanted to say David that volley works great in Mythic+ - been trying it on my solo hunter, with Stomp, blink strikes & dire stable.
    Okay cool, I have not yet tried volley, but saw it got buffed recently. It should be great for nuking down mythic packs quickly.
    I will have to try it out for when I do lower level m+ and just want to clear it all ASAP. Thanks for the tip

David would you mind explaining a bit more about how you use the battle rez/healbot? I read your other posts about your setup and wasn't sure how this works. Can you use that from your main char? I've basically copied your setup btw hope you don't mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    David would you mind explaining a bit more about how you use the battle rez/healbot? I read your other posts about your setup and wasn't sure how this works. Can you use that from your main char? I've basically copied your setup btw hope you don't mind .
    My healbot bars on the upper right corner serve 2 purposes:

1) Battle ress. I have 1 hunter which always has her crane out, and is ready to battle ress in combat. The first thing you need to do is to set up healbot for that hunter, so that either right or left click will trigger the spell for battle ress for that hunter. It's not complicated, should be fairly easy just looking inside the addon settings.
    When your br-hunter has that part working, and can cast battle-ress for on any dead character just by for example left-clicking the healbot healthbar the last step is easy. Just create a new repeater region over the healbot health bars. This repeater region should only broadcast mouseclicks to your br-hunter (if that is the only thing you have set up with healbot). But you can also broadcast to all, and just set up healbot for those chars to do nothing when clicked.

Furthermore I am sure that you can customize healbot even more and implement more actions for your whole team. I just had this simple requirement and threw it together quickly, I have not spent any more time on improving the functionality of what can be done with healbot for my hunter team.

2) On the action-button right next to each chars health bar, I have placed the individual Exhilaration (self heal cooldown) for each character. So for example as you see on my main char Exhilaration is next to Electris health bar and the others are empty. If I would switch to for example Inuzukakiba, you would find Exhilaration next to his bar. Over that whole area I have a repeater region, which will send my mouse clicks to all clients. (Meaning I can click from main window to all other windows at the same time)
    So with this, whenever I see that one health bar drops a lot compared to the others, I can specifially heal that character without remembering any difficult keybinds, I just click right next to the low health bar. And because of the individual placement of the spell, only the intended hunter will use the heal, and the others will just click on an empty action bar.

That is great thanks. I'll def do the thing with Exhilaration since atm I only have one key to do it on all and it is a waste. I take it you need to have your team invited in a certain order for that to work?
    Cheers for the healbot/br info too I understand now. I'll either set that up or the other thing I was thinking was to just have the crane on my main char and use drums instead of the nether ray. The main prob with that idea is it seems to be my main that dies most often lol.
    My team is still a work in progress and I'm adding things as I need them. So far I have done DHT and EoA on mythic and am enjoying hunters a bit more than my pally team. I just wish Exhilaration had a shorter cool down lol.

I been using isboxer menus.

Yeah you definitely want to have the ability to use Exhilaration separately sometimes.
    In the settings of healbot it is possible to configure the order of the bars alphabetically, so you will not have to worry about that

Yeah I also like my hunters more than the paladins. At first it was more for the challenge of x5 dps, but now with new patches and the scaling of gear for dps vs prot spec, 5 BM hunter is closing in on the overall strength of the 5 prot pala team.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    I been using isboxer menus.
    For the Exhilarations, instead of a repeater region? That sounds like a more proper setup.
    The repeater region does sometimes broadcast to other clients (when I have no intention of doing so) when I happen to have my mouse in that area during popups like bags and whatever.