Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Is it worth Multiboxing?

Greetings.

I've been multiboxing behind the scenes for a few years now (not retail) and majority of the servers I've played either; banned multiboxers, closed or dead.

Since then I have not multiboxed in some time, and thinking multiboxing retail, before I slash my money is it worth multiboxing on retail.

I know /follow has been removed, now thinking of doing PVE with x5 characters but is it just as fun right now compared few years ago?

What do you mean retail/not retail? Is that code word for private servers?

But yes its worth multiboxing on official blizzard servers. I am having a good time in PvE and world PvP. Its also easy to make gold and pay for most of it with tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    What do you mean retail/not retail? Is that code word for private servers?

But yes its worth multiboxing on official blizzard servers. I am having a good time in PvE and world PvP. Its also easy to make gold and pay for most of it with tokens.
    Yes, wasn't sure if private server talk is allowed here.

How easy is it to make gold with 5 characters? Enough for 5 characters?

I have to point out that the question you're asking is flawed, because no one, other than yourself, can determine whether or not it's going to be worth your time and money to multibox. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, and I always say this because people tend to read into my posts, but we cannot tell you how to spend your time, your money, or if you'll be satisfied after you do so.

You've obviously multiboxed in the past, so I guess the question is... Did you find it to be worth it then? Did you find it to be enjoyable? If you can afford $75/month (assuming five accounts), or you've got the time to farm for gold to pay for subscriptions that way, and you find the playstyle to be enjoyable, then I would assume you can probably come to a conclusion based on that criteria alone.

So, I guess it's settled... Fire up those accounts, and get your ass in game!
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Quadral View Post
    How easy is it to make gold with 5 characters? Enough for 5 characters?
    Its very easy to make gold with 5 herb/miners farming, or play the AH, or do world quests/dungeons, pretty much you can make gold playing the game however you enjoy.

But there is a token limit and if you have all 5 on one b.net then you get about 7 or 8 months free every two years. If you have them all on separate b.net accounts then you can play completely free.

The customer service reps will no longer combine or split b.net accounts so you'll likely be stuck with whichever you choose. I prefer all accounts under the same b.net account so they all benefit from mounts/heirlooms/achievements.

The token limit is my problem since I also want to be all on the same bnet account. I reckon with my 5 herb/miners I could easily play for free without really having to spend any time just farming. I grab nodes when I see them out doing WQ and other stuff and that over the course of a month is enough.

I suppose prices come into it I'm not sure if prices are good on my server or not. Felslate as an example always sells for about 55g how does that compare with others?