Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Hybrid View

Default Dark Heart Thicket - Nightmare Abominations

Hi All,

So I got current team;

4x Blood DK (around 830-835 ilvl) and 1x Holy Pally (855 ilvl).

Have got to a point where I can get Heroics done pretty easy so decided to try my first Mythic (properly) with this team.

Only done basic prep so Flash of Ten Thousand Scars (just for the placebo effect I think!) and decided to give it ago.

Clearing the trash to Archdruid Gaidalis was pretty easy, just needed to watch the Nightmare Abomination spawns with the 3x Bares your encounter.

The boss-fight however is a different story.

I can't for the life of me work out how to defeat the Nightmare Abomination mechanic from the boss fight.

Have tried the following:

1x Ignore them
    2x Run them around the edges and kite them
    3x Kill them as soon as they spawn

All 3 tactics seem to end in my death however 2 and 3 I can get him to around 30% HP.

So, long post but simple question is should I wait to gear up a little more before trying another mythic attempt? Also, I've noticed alot of posts on here recently about AP and I must admit my toons are 3 weeks old now and I've concentrated on gear, my Artefacts are at Rank 15, could this hold me back and how does that fair to a 835ilvl player?

Thanks as always.

Got the kill after attempt 5 (and wow was the loot not worth it! <3 RNG).

Struggled massively with the trash mobs to the Oak so think I might just gear up a little more and might even be tempted to go Prot pally but not sure how this will work as he does top up the DK self heals.

The nightmare abominations can be ignored, just don't stand in the stuff on the ground where they spawn it kills you quick. Pull your team away slightly but stay attacking the boss, the nightmares die from basic AoE and wont hurt tanks much at all. DBM should notify you.

Your gear level is a little low compared to when I was doing it, once you're 850 you'll coast through it.

Thanks for the info, that was pretty much how I got through the successful encounter. Was on the backfoot even getting there with trash so think just under-geared for now.

So for the shorter term should I continue with WQ and Heoics (and hope for upgrades) to gear up to ~850 before trying Mythics?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mrdsp View Post
    Thanks for the info, that was pretty much how I got through the successful encounter. Was on the backfoot even getting there with trash so think just under-geared for now.

So for the shorter term should I continue with WQ and Heoics (and hope for upgrades) to gear up to ~850 before trying Mythics?

Thanks again
    Personally I would skip the heroics, WQs drop up to 845 and are very quick, heroics drop 825 and take awhile. And don't forget to kill the world boss every week.

For anybody reading this now it's simply a gear issue. Now pretty much ignore them and they go down with the AoE.

Just the dragon and his falling rocks to worry about now! ^_^