Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default 5x Affliction lock

So I started this team up from scratch with the hopes of being able to do mythic dungeons with the pets tanking. about 3 weeks ago I got them to 110. A little gearing and poof mythic dungeons are being downed. I did my first one at 810-825 ilvl. Trash mobs are the hardest part but on packs I knew I couldn't "AOE" down I focus feared and took them out 1 at a time. Very fun team overall. Their self healing is through the roof.

Any questions post em up!

BTW my dots killed last boss as I died =P

Attached Images Attached Images
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

You think 5x affli is better than 4x affli + some kind of tank?

I think the pets tank fine but if you are going to add a tank you might as well add a healer and go trinity setup. This is just something fun to do like 5x hunters.

Very nice. For trash, I usually played my warlocks like I did my hunters: sic a different pet on each trash mob and then DoT things up and DPS the most dangerous things first. Worked pretty well, though I haven't played that team since WoD. Glad to see it working for you!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

10 of them were stupid in open world PvP since every healthstone you used would fully heal the entire group, once you got the talent on your weapon.. pretty stupid good. lol

Oh nice!!!

Sow the seeds is meant to be very strong in Mythic+ are you not using that talent for aoe?

I would have at least 2 Voidwalkers because they make really good single target tanks, and the rest the aoe tanks... plus you can then summon another demon on those for a bit of extra dps.

AOE tanking isn't great with locks, I bet sticking a hunter with a tank pet in would be good, and with the free rez could keep things going a little longer.

Glad to see this as I was wanting to do Aff x5 (currently I have x2 of them) but didn't want to go to all the hassle of gearing them/grinding artifact to find they just aren't viable.

Did you have to rez/heal the pets much?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 01-06-2017 at 04:53 AM

My ilvls are still kinda low and i was really surprised that i could take down a mythic at such low ilvl. The healthstone complete heals are amazing on round robin. There are still many things i haven't tried yet.

I will throw in 2 voidwalkers and see how that fairs but for the most part i don't feel like i'm summoning too many pets. Next mythic ill try to keep count on bosses to give a better estimate. The last few bosses that i have killed were dead in about 1 min 30 sec.

I think my biggest complaint is 2.2 sec cast time on seed. I cant stand how long it takes to start aoeing.

In my head I thought locks could work, but I was worried about the cast time of rezzing a dead pet plus the ss cost. I love the explosions on sow the seeds though very nice

They may be on the low end dps wise, but the healing and the fact they can at least do a bit of dps on the move is a plus.. I just love the play style.

Are yours orcs?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 01-06-2017 at 08:29 AM

Yeah orc but i would really consider changing to bloodelf for the silence on round robin.

I felt the same way when i posted a while back about the pets tanking. The SS cost is fine unless you go crazy casting UA.

My DPS meter isn't crazy high but my DPS never stops on the bosses which makes them die at a very consistent pace.

My goal is keep dots on boss, keep pets up, run in circles and don't get hit with crap, win.

I will have to try sow, I have been reluctant to do so because i really like siphon. Not sure what that would do to my boss dps.

got eye down as well yesterday. Serpentrix is a real pita. You literally have a 1 sec window to stop running and cast a pet.