Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Hybrid View

Default Bots! How long before they are banned

How long does it take ?

On my server Windrunner in Suramar their is now a train of Bots, 4 Dks Blood spec its crazy, Its so annoying, Ive reported them many of times, other ppl have reported them many of times but yet they are still busy farmingstealing my herbs (gggrrr).

Then they post 300 stacks of starlight roses on the AH driving everything down.

Its driving me crazy. Coz I know they are bots but yet blizzard are too lazy to ban them? wtf!!

/rant over

Best way is to get some nice video give as much information as you can and email to hacks@bliazzad.com (might need to check the email).

In other news I saw this they hang around the same nodes phaseing in groups of 4+ I can see mutitapping mining going soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiiko View Post
    Coz I know they are bots but yet blizzard are too lazy to ban them? wtf!!
    Why do you say that they're lazy? Wouldn't it make more sense to verify they're botting, analyze how they're doing it, figure out their methods, and then remove several thousand accounts at once, if not more, whom are identified to be using the same methods?

It's like having ants somewhere you don't want them. It solves nothing if you just keep killing them one at a time as they wander in. You have to figure out where they're coming from and nuke the source, albeit, in the case of bots, temporarily. Simply banning a few botters here and there doesn't help Blizzard figure out the routines and routes which are being used, and therefore, the people who are botting just turn around to make new accounts, and are back at it in less than a week.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Given Blizzard's track record, they seem to mass ban every six months or so. They will ban in between, but usually that is reserved for severe offenders.
    Sad thing is, a ban doesn't even phase the serious botters. They will have a new set up and running in no time back at it on fresh accounts and IPs.

The only thing Blizzard can do is improve Warden to detect bots and autobans, but the bots keep better at avoiding it. Doubt they will ever truly eliminate botting as it is too costly to do a real permanent solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiiko View Post
    train of Bots
    How can you tell they are bots? Sounds like multiboxing to me.
    I'm able to gather over 1000 Starlight Roses in an hour, but I haven't gathered anything really for a month, as I don't have time, and even if I had, I don't want to tank down the prices.

Just saying, these DKs can be just a fellow multiboxer having some quality time with their gathering team?

Some players also try to reset market prices once in a while, as in buying a hundred stacks of anything, and relisting them with their fixed price.

Don't get me wrong, I might dislike cheaters and botters more than you do, but reporting possible boxer is just bad for us everyone :P
    Last edited by beeq : 03-16-2017 at 08:16 AM

They arent multiboxers, some go off some get aggro and then plant Dnd on the ground some contiune on the very same route, The very same route.

Yesterday we had 7 of them from different servers following like a train.

Yeah, it's very, very obvious when it's a multiboxer versus a loosely similar group of bots.

[edit] Things a bot does that a multiboxer does not do:

1. Stack up on the *exact* same spot.
    2. Follow the same route *on top of each other* without a clear leader/followers.
    3. Follow the same exact routes even though they are not close enough for follow to work that way.
    3. Move around corners via the *exact* same path.

There are others, but a gimpy analogy is that multiboxers look like a tractor-trailer(aka 18-wheeler) with the followers attached to the leader by a fairly straight string, whereas bots look like lemmings, usually following identical patterns/routes/waypoints/distances and also usually tend to turn corners by "snapping" to an angle rather than a smooth turn or turn/strafe combo.

You used to also be able to discern bots easily because they were always jumping to maintain the keep-alive heartbeat, but there's so many people with spacebar Turettes these days it's harder to tell. :P
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 01-04-2017 at 05:59 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

They should update warden to auto-ban because some seem to obvious. For example the fly hacks, I see them all the time at least 10 meters in the air traveling at 3 or 4 times normal speed flying from node to node. Seems they should be able to tell if someone is flying and just ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    ...but there's so many people with spacebar Turettes...
    Anytime I am moving I am tapping the spacebar. I don't know why I do it, but I cant stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    They should update warden to auto-ban because some seem to obvious. For example the fly hacks, I see them all the time at least 10 meters in the air traveling at 3 or 4 times normal speed flying from node to node. Seems they should be able to tell if someone is flying and just ban them.
    You would think it would be pretty easy, but I wonder how much processing overhead running some sort of positional analytics would incur; I suppose it would be a function of players x sample rate. It should be pretty obvious to any half-competent BigData-ish algorithm that if it sees waypoints where LOTS of things cluster in a non-human-non-random fashion, especially chains of waypoints that happen in sequence, it would be pretty easy to nuke them from orbit with very little error. Humans just don't have the tools to navigate as precisely as bots.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Yep, doing it automatically entails having a lot of processing horsepower on the servers and then more manpower to reverse the inevitable false flags.

I'm 100% certain they are already doing checks on waypoint chains as those guys have been getting hammered with bans for using questing bots and gathering bots. Both of which are notorious for moving from one specific waypoint to another in a predictable pattern. That's an easier target to hit.