Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Bots are back took them months to ban them and after 2 months they are back. Alot of them are coming up with Demon Hunters and now pallies.

I saw 4 pallies last night in High mountain collecting foxflower, I always say hi but normally I dont get a reply, but one last night did but he was a good 10 minutes later and then he put me on ignore.

I whispered him on a different toon today and I got no responce so these so call botters are actually on the computers doing other things and might say something just not to think they not botting but truely they are..

I know I shouldnt have bought this post back up. But it does drive me up the wall!!

I mean why do we have to wait for a 6months wave ban! Why cant it be monthly? I guess blizzard dont give a shit, at least they get a few months of what ever in the pocket and then when they feel like it put the ban on erm just to keep us happy, but we aint!!!

I think it's frustrating as well.
    The good news though is with Patch 7.2 and flying, which is a decent questline to complete. The time it takes to ramp up and do that, they won't be able to compete with actual players getting to nodes. I'm hoping that becomes some type of deterrent. Or who knows they may invest in completing the flying questline.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Whenever I herb on my team I multi-report every person that's botting. It usually takes a month or more for them to ultimately be banned/suspended; Blizzard uses that time to see what they can learn on their end to identify these people without reports.

Shrug. It's a process.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

right well when i mine now i go places bots don't go the "isle of the wardens" is where i been farming lately i find no bots there and its kinda a nice place to mine.

A lot of mods there that will one shot a bot/single player.

Will check that place out, thanks Ebony.

Suramar is just amazing for mining/herbs, especially in the northwest area with the satyr/bear cave. So many bots though running. I highly doubt anyone else over there is legitimate. Which is why I wish I was on the opposite faction, so I could pew pew them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    right well when i mine now i go places bots don't go the "isle of the wardens" is where i been farming lately i find no bots there and its kinda a nice place to mine.

A lot of mods there that will one shot a bot/single player.
    Great idea! Will have to try that!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

So you have to consider two things:

1. Prvention/Detection
    2. Cost/Profit Ratio

MiRai touched on a lot of the reasons related to 1, but something he left out is Blizzard doesn't want to make it apparent how they found the bots. If they ban right away, bot writing companies (yes, there are companies that write bots and sell to farmers or players and it's healthy money for them) can go in and try different things and eventually figure out how they were caught and change their bots to not be detected in hours to days. New version of the bot is on the street and Blizz has to send time trying to detect the new bots by buying them or looking for them in the wild.

If Blizz detects them and then waits to ban them for 1+ months they get two main advantages. How do the bot writers know what caused the detection? Was it the feature they added way back, or the one they added yesterday? The even worse scenario is that almost all their customers will have been caught in this wave and will get pissed all at once. Some of those customers will notice everyone got caught and may go elsewhere to a bot writer that also had a ton of bans on their bots. This hurts the business of a writer and they have a harder time selling bots and they still haven't figured out the reason they got detected. The write spends more time and money when the waves happen further apart.

2. I don't believe in the argument that Blizz makes enough money from bot accounts to ignore them. I do believe that Blizz is a business and won't spend more money on the problem than they believe it is worth. Sure, they could have a dev team working on nothing but bot detection and a group of GMs to confirm and ban botters, but how much is this going to cost? And how many legit players will this keep from leaving? Spending 1 million or so dollars (5 devs and 10 GMs) to save $250k, or $500k, or even 1 million? And even then, people will still see enough people that look like bots to complain and then some people will want to be part of the mob and complain too. At some point it won't matter how many are banned and how much money/effort you devote to stopping botters.

Sorry for the sloppy nature of this post, I'm still not awake but wanted to get this down.

- Souca Got Too Much Sleep to Function

Well, if they save enough money to only pay for the salary of the dedicated Anti-Bot Squad, then it's a net benefit as they also get the PR value of looking like they care. As you say, there's a cost-to-benefit ratio that has some tangible metrics and some intangibles. The interwebs mob rarely considers that as the player's view from a monitor in a 3-D game tends to be pretty myopic. I'd hate to be in the support team for a major game studio.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

The druid bots in Suramar are out of control, destroying the herb/ore prices massively. Looks like this method of gaining tokens is diminishing.

I just don't see it on Bleeding Hollow. I have seen them before, I know what to look for, its just very very seldom.

Maybe because WPvp?