Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Blog Entries

Default Prevent Lotro from closing itself?

Is there a way to prevent lotro from closing itself after 10-15 minutes? I've always practiced good game hygiene in logging out, but if I don't log out will it just stay open indefinitely as I prefer? going through 60+ seconds of launcher and loading each time I want to play for a few minutes gets old.

I've had the game log out my afk characters, but never actually close the game.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

If you want a character logged in sitting in the game world, then not without some extra help.
    They have a timed monitor, which is updated when any input is made to the game via any HID. It can be manipulated with the right program, but as it needs to read/write to game memory, they tend to be against the rules.
    Another option is to use a macro program of some kind to cycle the windows and press a key (or wiggle the mouse). There are a few decent choices out there, but as the games usually need to be the focused window for this to work, then it does get a bit annoying if you happen to be using the computer for something else at the time, and you also need to be able to disable it easily when you do want to play, for the same reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I've had the game log out my afk characters, but never actually close the game.
    Really? Mine always closes the game after a while. It seems to take much longer to time out in game than to time out and close the character screen.

I do not want to bot-hop, just hoping for a setting because I"m too impatient to spend a 45 seconds logging in when I'm only playing in 15m bursts.

When I do play the game, I don't leave it afk for extended periods of time. Might have to test this.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.