Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Question [WoW] HotkeyNet unable to move with WASD on slave computer

Hello,

I'm using two computers and two accounts and the only thing I can't get working is allowing movement keys to be successfully passed from WoW1 (computer I use) to WoW2 (second computer and account).

I was reading on the archived HotkeyNet forums that to allow movement keys of WASD I would need to remove them from the <HotKey> area using "except W, A, S, D" (I also added Q for my own purposes). Once you have that "except" statement you would go to the <MovementHotKey> section and then add the keys you want to use for movement, so I added "W, A, S, D". The WoW2 does not respond to W, A, S, D when I do this. The most I've gotten is when WoW2 is on a mount and I press W, A, S, or D the mount starts it's animation over (like breathing up and down animation) but the character never moves.

I'd also like to note that the default <MovementHotKey> up, down, left, or right does not work on WoW2 either. I've also checked the output in the "Last Key Press" area to make sure my keyboard/computer is registering what the script thinks it is and everything checks out.

Below you will find the code I'm using.

//-----------------------------------------------------------
    // DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES
    <Label w1 Local SendWin "World of Warcraft">
    <Label w2 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX SendWin "World of Warcraft">

// DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
    // SENT TO BOTH WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn A-Z, 0-9, Plus, Minus, F1-F12 except W, A, S, D, Q>
    <PassThrough>
    <SendLabel w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// DEFINE MOVEMENT KEYS THAT WILL GET SENT TO BOTH WOW'S.
    // ADD MORE KEYS IF YOU WANT.
    <MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn up, down, left, right, W, A, S, D>
    <SendLabel w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// BROADCAST MOUSE CLICKS. REQUIRES ADJUSTMENT OF
    // CLICKMOUSE DELAYS ON SETTINGS PANEL. HOLD DOWN OEM3
    // (ON U.S. KEYBOARDS, THAT'S THE SQUIGGLE KEY IN UPPPER
    // LEFT CORNER) WHEN YOU WANT TO BROADCAST.
    <UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3 LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
    <PassThrough>
    <SendLabel w2>
    <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

when multiboxing using wasd would not be the best plan as its very unlikely due to servers/ping that that would match this is why we use follow to get around. and when/if they removed follow we would find it very very hard to carry on multiboxing..

Basicy you going to end up with you clone all over the place

Hey Ebony,

Thanks for the reply, I'll continue to use /follow then. Two short follow up questions if you wouldn't mind.

1) Is there a command to break the /follow? I'm boxing with a ranged DPS class and it would be nice at the start of an engagement if they just stood their casting so that I could dodge AoE and other attacks without them following me.

2)Based on your answer it sounds like no program out there allows people to successfully use W, A, S, D for movement?

Well, I copied your movement hotkey definition to my HKN script, and WASD moves my W2 as expected (W1 obviously does not move). Here's a gif of me moving my W2 around while on W1. I don't see anything obviously different in the rest of our scripts that would be causing it to not work for you, apart from yours being a multi-PC setup. I only run on a single rig, so I can't test that part out sadly. So, I guess in short: the key definition should not be the issue here as it appears to be working on a single PC setup. Do your other hotkeys get sent through to the other PC?

*edit*

Quote Originally Posted by KingCactus View Post
    Hey Ebony,

Thanks for the reply, I'll continue to use /follow then. Two short follow up questions if you wouldn't mind.

1) Is there a command to break the /follow? I'm boxing with a ranged DPS class and it would be nice at the start of an engagement if they just stood their casting so that I could dodge AoE and other attacks without them following me.

2)Based on your answer it sounds like no program out there allows people to successfully use W, A, S, D for movement?

1: No there is no command. Usually people just make a hotkey for S (move backwards) and tab it to stop toons from following.

2: No program will be 100% accurate as far as I know. As ebony said, it's generally not the way we move around. Usually you'd only "broadcast" movement keys to move toons when you need to guide them through personal instances at the same time, or run them through portals, as when the main goes through, the others have nothing to follow through the trigger.

Additionally you would obviously use movement keys sent to all/specific toons to be able to move toons out of AOE, avoid mechanics and whatnot.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 12-30-2016 at 12:14 PM

Hey Wubsie,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to use the back key to stop the follow.

Yes, my other keystrokes are sent between PC's just fine. Key stroke, mouse clicks, all of that gets passed fine it's the movement keys that don't get passed. Not sure why it's working on your single computer and not with two computers.