Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Leigon - Gearing Up

Hope you've all had a good Christmas.

Got my team to 110 now and got the mechanics working very well.

Currently my toons are at iLVL 780.

What is the best way to gear up as a boxer?

Should I do the WQ or try dungeons? (If so, what's easiest becasue after being stung by Halls of Valor a few times).

So far been very successful, even had a few wPvP kills, find some classes completley wipe the floor with me (as in Daemon Hunter can take out all 5 of me in 5 seconds) and hope this is just a gear thing!

Thanks again

WQs are a great way to gear up. Do the emissary WQs and then any WQs that give gear. Im not sure what the default UI shows for WQs.. i use an addon that lets you filter WQs. And yes, if your team can do dungons.. do those as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Thanks that addon is really good.

Managed to clear the gear quests out. Any pref as to the dungeon you find best?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdsp View Post
    Thanks that addon is really good.

Managed to clear the gear quests out. Any pref as to the dungeon you find best?
    easiest would be DHT and Mawl of Souls imo.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I second what Lyonheart is saying. I did my initial gearing pretty much exclusively from WQs and when I got to a gear level where I felt comfortable with it, I started dabbling with dungeons. The great thing about WQs is that they scale a bit with you and you have a chance of getting titan/warforged items up to around 870 ilvl.

Currently my toons are around 864on average, except the new pally tank which is a bit behind at 850. I outgear mythic 0s really, so even they are not much on an issue, apart from a few specific bosses that are just a pain to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdsp View Post

So far been very successful, even had a few wPvP kills, find some classes completley wipe the floor with me (as in Daemon Hunter can take out all 5 of me in 5 seconds) and hope this is just a gear thing!
    Sadly, it's not. A single DH can still force pretty much every defensive and panic cooldown from my 9 toons, while having their health locked to 100% by whatever that leech buff is called that they have, even when I'm pumping around a million DPS in to them... It's simply due to AOE on stacked characters being incredibly overtuned since the PVP stat templates do not trigger in WPVP. I recommend having a way spread your characters and having your CCs at the ready. Some classes even get bodyguards that work as auto-stuns when people attack you, and there is a trinket that automatically silences people attacking you.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 12-26-2016 at 07:29 PM

Thanks for the advice.

That add-on has really helped and got my DK's at 800 now in one sitting and plenty more this morning to get on with.

Think I will stick to the WQ's for a little as had limited success in dungeons, I'm sure it's my control of the mechanics as I've gotten most things clear on multiple attempts (other than the snake thing [Naraxas?]) who I can only get to 23% or so.

I'll just avoid the DH's where I can!

There are other classes that I seem to melt like butter so I suppose there are some that think the same of me!

I try not to engage in PvP when doing WQ's but this seems to bite me as will be questing along with somebody and the second another couple of them are around they jump me mid-fight. Don't think people like boxers

My realm is 7.5:1 (odds against me) so can only really quest during the morning/night when it's quiet as peak time is a gank-fest (and I'm on the wrong faction).

What iLvL should I start dungeon's properly?

Again, thanks for the advice so far.

I've also noticed that your artifact seems to have a greater impact on your DPS (perhaps not surprisingly) than any other piece of gear.
    So you may want to prioritize artifact power/knowledge and the "sockets".

Quick update from me.

The World Quests really helped and now at 835 ilvl. Can clear Heroics with ease now so gathering the confidence to do Mythic. Can clear the trash but still having a few problems with a couple of mechanics (that was at 820-825 so think I should do better).

Not focused much on AP so think I will need to concentrate on that for a bit. The socketed ilvl is same as character so not too bad but not really been grinding enough AP.