Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Interact with Target IWT and optimal setup with a healer questions

Currently testing out some different groups for PvE and my IWT playstyle is not optimal. For PvP you just want to blast it non stop because you need to stick to the target, PvE is obviously much different.

Hoping to hear how others handle this, especially with a healer involved in melee range and outside seperate. How do you then manage random things to dodge.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Well, my current setup, while not perfect, allows me to deal with quite a lot of what is thrown my way.

I do still use IWT swarming and sort of just learned to estimate when I can't spam it for the toons to not run through the target. It works well enough for a lot of situation and for trash it's just too much of a hassle to be positioning them again without it, after every miniscule mob dies. For situations where that does not work reliably, I use a Mapped Key Step State Action to "turn off" my IWT spamming and just use a manual press for more control. Similarly I can toggle off auto-assist in my rotations, so I can send my DPS toons to another target while my Tank stays on another. This has proven fairly effective on Serpentrix, so I kill the other spawning head fairly quickly when the boss submerges and tank stays on the boss to be able to interrupt.

As far as the healer, I've not found much use for having it utilize IWT movement, so my IWT key is only ever being sent to "other" toons in my Melee-DPS and Tank action target groups. The only time the IWT would come in handy is the push back from Dresaron in DHT, but I simply swap over to my healer on that to keep it moving forward during that. I usually just drop it off somewhere safe-ish by breaking follow and then only move it when needed.

For side stepping mechanics I've also elected to use an action target group based solution. WASD+Shift/Alt/Ctrl all correspond to moving different groups (everyone together, ranged+healer, melee toons) so I can move them without affecting the other toons.

I'd love to hear what others are using. Perhaps I can pick up something to add, or tweak. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Currently testing out some different groups for PvE and my IWT playstyle is not optimal. For PvP you just want to blast it non stop because you need to stick to the target, PvE is obviously much different.

Hoping to hear how others handle this, especially with a healer involved in melee range and outside seperate. How do you then manage random things to dodge.
    bind mouse wheel up to IWT, mouse wheel down to follow and tilt controls for spreads or strafe. Easiest I have found after the years of pvp and pve. I used the pad on my orbweaver as well and I have it set up on both
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 12-06-2016 at 04:12 PM

Do you utilize Jamba follow strobing as well with this combination?

And to further extrapolate,
    Spin mouse wheel up, team runs in at target. They won't stop though once reaching target correct. So then you snap them back with a mouse wheel down for follow? Or if it's just a small amount of IWT, it doesn't have them running off into the sunset?
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I used to run a 1x Healer and 4x DK setup during Cata, MoP, and WoD. Played a ton of arenas in 3s and 5s.

I have a key binding for the following

• Follow
    • Assist Toggle (turn on/off assist from DPS macros, allows me to split focus)
    • IWT Button (Used for manually do )
    • Click-to-Move Toggle (sometimes I don't want them to move)
    • Auto-IWT Toggle (turns IWT off in my main DPS spam so I can do it manually)
    • Key Binds for SetView 1,2,3,4,5 (so I can easily reset the view on each screen. Also great for multi-gathering)
    • Key Bind for Mouse Broadcast On/Off (also disables CTM, used for about for herb/mines)

I drive with the healer and use Vuhdo at my raid frames. I have Vuhdo setup so all toons are always in ABC order and my isBoxer slots are always in ABC order. This way everything is consistent across all screens and predictable.

Next, I have a setup focus-based Macros for healing. if my focus is not set, my healer does nothing.
    If my focus is set, he will starting doing his healing rotation. I use mouse over on the Vuhdo raid frames to heal toons that need it.
    At the same time, I an manually controlling the healer's movement to keep him away from enemies and out of bad stuff.

I use a foot pedal for formations and jumping (hey, seems natural right?)

• Right Mouse == Set Focus
    • Left mouse == Clear Focus
    • Mouse 4 == Big Heal Spell
    • Mouse 5 == OHSHIT
    • Scroll Wheel Up, Spell A
    • Scrool Wheel Down, Spell B

In addition to this, I use a VideoFx with mouse click-through so I can see and click cool downs on individual toons.
    For example, say Toon C is getting REKT while everyone else is 100%.
    Sure, you could hit your PANIC button to blow your cool downs as a group, but that is a waste.
    Instead, my mouse cursor (which is already over the raid frame) can click that toon's PANIC button and save his life
    without wasting everyone's cool downs. This also allows you to do neat things like chaining and timing abilities.

For example, Protection Paladins have an ability called "Hand of the Protector". Normally, this will heal for 30% of the missing health.
    What I can do instead is hit "Vampiric Blood" on toon C, which increases Health and healing received, hit avenging Wrath on my paladin,
    and then do Hand of the protector and heal that almost dead DK to full health. Synchronization is fun!

Now, I don't like a million key-kinds, so I also create a little "control panel" that can do lots of things.
    For example, I can turn on/off Death Strike to save runic power, hit bone storm, then turn it back on.
    Sure, you could create yet-another-keybind for a separate DPS rotation - but I'd never remember it.

I also have a button to change out key-maps. I use the pro-setup, which uses virtual key maps.
    So if I want to change my blood DKS to frost, I can easily do so without restarting anything. Using the control panel, I can change
    just that single DK to frost and see what key map is active.

Control Panel Vuhdo Frames with Repeater Region for mouse over healing VideoFx Repeater Region with Click Thru
    IWT TGL Toon A Cool Downs A
    Key Map TGL Toon B Cool downs B
    PANIC ...
    etc... Toon X Cool downs X

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Do you utilize Jamba follow strobing as well with this combination?

And to further extrapolate,
    Spin mouse wheel up, team runs in at target. They won't stop though once reaching target correct. So then you snap them back with a mouse wheel down for follow? Or if it's just a small amount of IWT, it doesn't have them running off into the sunset?
    I dont use jamba, havent for years.

I dont lead with the healer. I lead with tank or dps. I like getting my melee behind the target while I am in front. I enjoy having more control than putting iwt on a dps key or toggles. I really like to keep it stupid simple for myself and using the mouse scroll which is like spamming since its several clicks at once. Its easier for me to go from pvp right to pve. If I am playing hunters its scroll up for pet attack and scroll down for pet follow. I always hated having to toggle off for classes that didnt iwt.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 12-07-2016 at 01:26 PM

I've had a lot of success leading from the healer using IWT on the tank when MiRai and I were dual multiboxing. I've also had success doing this with Paladin + 4 DK team. I don't use Jamba, I did have my IWT spammed in with my rotation so everyone was always updating their target and running towards it. Not terrible with PvE dungeons and raids.

For follow, I've done some alt keymaps to follow toon's so I could hit follow to bring them back to the current toon, or alt follow to send them following another character if they were out of range of the current.

I use the tilde(`) key for IWT..i control IWT manually..if my slaves run through a target because it moved before they get there.. i just hit follow(F key )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    bind mouse wheel up to IWT, mouse wheel down to follow and tilt controls for spreads or strafe. Easiest I have found after the years of pvp and pve. I used the pad on my orbweaver as well and I have it set up on both
    I tried this out out of curiosity and it's actually fairly fantastic. So much easier to use modifiers with as well than the S and D keys while trying to keep hitting your DPS keys. Just need to get it down to muscle memory now. Svpernova's post made me remember I did make ATG follow keys as well, so I can for example have my DPS toons start following my lead to drag them to position while leaving my healers stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I tried this out out of curiosity and it's actually fairly fantastic. So much easier to use modifiers with as well than the S and D keys while trying to keep hitting your DPS keys. Just need to get it down to muscle memory now. Svpernova's post made me remember I did make ATG follow keys as well, so I can for example have my DPS toons start following my lead to drag them to position while leaving my healers stationary.
    you could use the jamba Tag for make your Healers not to follow. i know your using and have tag already setup for Inviting. you replace the all at the end to be the <tag>