Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default New to multi boxing in WoW - Macro auto?

Is there a way to set up a macro that you can put multiple spells/skills in the sequence and press the button once and it just automatically does the next spell/skill in the list instead of being forced to press the quick slot key the macros is in, in order for the next skill/spell to cast? constantly tabbing to next screen to press a key in order for it to do something is pretty lame.

Any suggestions on a safe program to use if this is impossible to do within the game its self?

Thanks in advance, i just signed up quickly to post this question as i have to go to bed like 2 hours ago.... I will have a thorough look through here tomorrow evening and check back on this post.

Thanks again.

I'm guessing your question is not directly about macros, but maybe you are actually asking: how do multiboxers create effective dps rotations that are broadcast to multiple characters at once, yet are initiated by a single keypress ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal3443 View Post
    Is there a way to set up a macro that you can put multiple spells/skills in the sequence and press the button once and it just automatically does the next spell/skill in the list instead of being forced to press the quick slot key the macros is in, in order for the next skill/spell to cast? constantly tabbing to next screen to press a key in order for it to do something is pretty lame.

Any suggestions on a safe program to use if this is impossible to do within the game its self?
    No, that would be automation, and it's a topic you won't find assistance with on this forum.

Repeated input to the game client requires repeated input from the human being at the computer.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

You can use macro command

/castsequence SpellWithCooldown, Spell, Spell, Spell

Each time you press it advances to next spell. However, if spell is on CD, macro will not advance until CD ends.

You can also examine GnomeSequencer addon which avoids this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    No, that would be automation, and it's a topic you won't find assistance with on this forum.

Repeated input to the game client requires repeated input from the human being at the computer.
    It's not really automated since i would be pressing a button to start the macro.... What I mean to say is, If i put 3 or 4 cast spells into a macro, it being the macro should be able to cast it how ever many times i put the sequence into the macro. I'm not looking to "BOT" I'm looking for a way to have a macro that casts the next spell in the sequence within the same macro...

I'm playing 2 different classes, 1 melee 1 Ranged and i'm looking for a way so that after i send in my melee character and switch to my ranged, i can have it casting another spell or two while i GO BACK to my melee character so it's not sitting idle doing nothing... what a macro should be able to do.. I've found the only way I can get it do do anything is to cast 1 spell and then cast shoot which is automated.... Is that classed as automation to you? I've seen people using ISBoxer that have multiple accounts up of the same class and they have the ability to basically Copy everything 1 account is doing, on all 5 accounts and they are identical with the way they are moving/casting as if he is playing all 5 from 1 mouse and keyboard, that's more automated. I've also seen a video of them being able to auto select the main characters target and basically do what i'm looking for, but i was wondering if there is any way to do so with the in-game macro within WoW, a line i'm not typing out properly or something?

Blizz rull - 1 keypress = 1 action. anything else will be automatic = boting. That`s why we use a multiboxing software like autohotkey, ISboxer to send the keypress to the other clients.
    Eonar - EU

It's not really automated since i would be pressing a button to start the macro.
    This is a bad argument. I am fairly certain people also start up bot programs. This does not make them any less automatic in terms of the actions they take. Who starts the sequence is irrelevant. Any subsequent action can not be automated regardless.
    Each action your character takes needs to be a direct result of you pressing a key. You can however have the same keypress send an action to each of your clients. Just no subsequent actions after that one can be taken without having further input..

So take 2 examples:

You press "1" once.
    You action is: 1
    ---> Your client receivers a sequence on keys 1, 2, 3 , 2, 3, etc.

This is not allowed. Multiple actions are being performed from a single input for seemingly an indefinitely amount of time.

You keep hitting "1"
    Your action is: 1, 1, 1, 1
    ---> your client receivers 1, 2, 3, 1 (one action each time you physically press 1)

This is OK. Here each time your game client receives a key press, it is because you the player have just pressed a key. No further actions are taken before you give more input.

See the difference?
    Last edited by Wubsie : 08-28-2019 at 07:30 AM

... i'm looking for a way so that after i send in my melee character and switch to my ranged, i can have it casting another spell or two while i GO BACK to my melee character so it's not sitting idle doing nothing...
    If this is the actual question, then yes. You don't even need to switch screens.

In my setup, when I press button 4, then ISBoxer sends button 4 to my mage, button 6 to my priest, does a castsequence macro on my lock, and sends a whole bunch of keys to my warrior (so that whatever is off cooldown gets cast). None of this is automation, it's all just key broadcasting.

It's not really automated since i would be pressing a button to start the macro....
    Right, so the first key press results in the first set of actions being sent to the game clients, and after the GCD has passed, are you pressing the key again to execute the second set of actions for your characters to do something? If not, then how are you moving through this sequence of actions? If the answer is something along the lines of "software is doing it for me," then that's automation.

You specifically said you wanted to press the key "one time," but I'll say it again: repeated input to the game client requires repeated input from the human being at the computer.

I'm looking for a way to have a macro that casts the next spell in the sequence within the same macro...
    As already mentioned, that can be done with a /castsequence macro, but you have to keep pressing a key to move through it.

I've found the only way I can get it do do anything is to cast 1 spell and then cast shoot which is automated.... Is that classed as automation to you?
    By definition, your character is automaticaily doing something, but that isn't the automation that we're discussing because that's a function of the game.

Having a melee character repeatedly swing their weapon, or a ranged character repeatedly use their wand or bow/gun, is a function that is built into the game. You only have to press the key once, and the game does the rest for you.

In addition, a game like Diablo 3 has auto-fire built into it, so you can hold down a key and it will repeatedly fire off. World of Warcraft does not have this functionality, and using third-party software to duplicate that behavior is against the rules of the game.

I've seen people using ISBoxer that have multiple accounts up of the same class and they have the ability to basically Copy everything 1 account is doing, on all 5 accounts and they are identical with the way they are moving/casting as if he is playing all 5 from 1 mouse and keyboard, that's more automated.
    Replicating (broadcasting) keystrokes and mouse clicks is the current-day definition of multiboxing, but replication is not automation.

However, if you can remove your hands from your input device(s) and your characters continue to perform actions, in game, then that's automation.

I've also seen a video of them being able to auto select the main characters target and basically do what i'm looking for, but i was wondering if there is any way to do so with the in-game macro within WoW, a line i'm not typing out properly or something?
    I feel like, at the moment, the basics of multiboxing are what is confusing you, but almost every video you see of someone multiboxing, today, is going to be of them replicating the keys that they're pressing, to each of their game clients. Sometimes those keys include an /assist, sometimes they don't, and the /assist is then kept separate.

So, if you're looking to further discuss the multiboxing playstyle and software (or hardware) used, then you're in the right place, but, again, if you're looking for software that is going to automate your gameplay and play your character(s) for you, then this isn't the forum you want.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I use gse addon on my dk group with macros from wowlazymacros.com. maybe what your looking for.