Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Are Only All Tank Groups Viable Now?

I'm just coming back after a fairly long break, but from what I'm reading, trinity groups don't work for multi boxing in Legion. I'm hoping to run from Mythic dungeons.

Is it true only all tank groups work now? Or would four tanks and a healer work? Or even just an all melee group?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

4 tanks and a healer would work, but would be slower.

I run 4x ele and tank and have done up to +6

Davidmage has also done 5x hunter successfully.

Yea trinity groups dont really work well, either burn through bosses before mechanics or just make them not hurt much.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

I don't see why they wouldn't work.

I've stopped for now as I'm playing other titles but I had no issues when I was running prot w / mw / 3* BM early in the expansion.

The only difference is a prot pally team is mongo easy because of the healing power in the paladins. Like running an all blood team was in past expansions. In just about all trinity setups your config has to be pretty elaborate and you need to pay attention in fights because mechanics will matter. So more difficult but not impossible.

Worth mentioning that some healers will have higher single target DPS than tanks if they don't have much healing to do. Like a shockadin with CDs lined up. Mythic + (at least early on) seem to be all about AoE though, and it's really hard to compete with a tanks AoE without also being squishy / dead. BMs hunters do great DPS, but then you're managing a tank in melee range, 3 hunters at range, and a healer in either melee (pally) or range and I think movement is going to be a nightmare.

I think 1 x Blood, 3 x Frost, 1 x Shockadin could give current 5 x Tank setups a good run for their money, but will be harder to play.

Well, I've cleared basically all mythic 0s on a trinity team DK/pally tank + 3 Frost DKs + MW Monk, so it's definitely doable. I've only done some bosses on like +2. Too lazy to start farming them for all 9 toons... Mostly I do die to not being able to recover well enough. Partly that is due to Monk perhaps not being the greatest choise of healer as a boxer. Changing to either a Pally or Shammy would definitely make my life easier, and I can see the benefits of having all tanks so that mechanics are not as threatening. I would however assume I have more DPS thank tank stacks, which shortens the fights tremendously, letting me sometimes ignore mechanics as well.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 12-27-2016 at 03:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    4 tanks and a healer would work, but would be slower.

I run 4x ele and tank and have done up to +6

Davidmage has also done 5x hunter successfully.

Yea trinity groups dont really work well, either burn through bosses before mechanics or just make them not hurt much.
    with 4 tanks...a healer is a waste, you are better adding another melee dps or ... another tank

Valk is doing 4ele + some one else playing a demon hunter tank from the videos I've seen. It has made me want to bring back the classic Pal + 4 shams :P

I'm doing 10 prot pallies right now for world pvp, and I've done mythic 7+ on my main group, second group is getting ran through stuff right now gearing up. I started back up in November, and my first group was Blood DK / 3 hunters / Holy priest... they got benched for Pallies. I'm still doing their research, so I can dust them off and try out the trinty setup when I get bored on the pallies.

Last expansion I was running 2x DK | 6 Hunters | Priest/Monk heals. I've only tried the emerald nightmare first dragon boss (easy to 5 box with 5 pallies). I'd like to try and get some raids done this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    with 4 tanks...a healer is a waste, you are better adding another melee dps or ... another tank

Valk is doing 4ele + some one else playing a demon hunter tank from the videos I've seen. It has made me want to bring back the classic Pal + 4 shams :P

I'm doing 10 prot pallies right now for world pvp, and I've done mythic 7+ on my main group, second group is getting ran through stuff right now gearing up. I started back up in November, and my first group was Blood DK / 3 hunters / Holy priest... they got benched for Pallies. I'm still doing their research, so I can dust them off and try out the trinty setup when I get bored on the pallies.

Last expansion I was running 2x DK | 6 Hunters | Priest/Monk heals. I've only tried the emerald nightmare first dragon boss (easy to 5 box with 5 pallies). I'd like to try and get some raids done this expac.
    Yea, I have an 880 geared prot pally and it's set up for boxing but as long as my mate is still keen to group with me I cbf swapping him out for the pally haha. It's more fun sharing our progression together as well instead of just by myself. Does make it a bit easier though I'll admit.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer