Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default 4 x Hunters + 1 Shaman

Levelling this crew up now. Low 100s in regular instances and you don't really need the resto sham since everything dies so fast, however it does give you a lot more room to screw up (easier to recover).

1. Pets never die w/ the shaman healing them, and they hold aggro too (occasional feign death required). 2 tenacity and 2 ferocity. I imagine they'll start dying in Mythic + but we'll see.

2. For trivial content, I'm hoping to take the shaman elemental. Concerned he might pull aggro though with chain lightning. We'll see once mobs start living longer than a few seconds.

3. Reincarnate should really help with timed runs.

4. All mail for sharesies.

Anyone try it yet?

Just wanted to post an update. My guys are all around 840 now and have started running mythics. I like the comp. There's not too much healing required on trash, but it definitely helps on some bosses to have a pocket healer. Lessons learned:

1. My shaman is actually a terrific healer so far in 5 mans. My pets never die and my shaman never runs out of mana.

2. I've tweaked to the point where I only run one tenacity pet (turtle) as it never dies w/ a healer.

3. My other pets are Quilen for the brez. Generally if I need a brez there's a good chance the fight has gone sideways anyways, but it is handy if one my guys gets one-shot because he was too slow or something and can be recovered.

4. When doing collection quests PETS ARE SUPER ANNOYING! Definitely get fetch, but even so it doesn't always get everything (seems to hang while looting alot) and I still have to click with my shaman anyways. I am probably going to switch to MM / Lone wolf for WQs because it really is that annoying trying to loot stuff.

I'm not sure if it's better than 5 hunters. 4 seems to kill everything fast enough, but you can't race mechanics quite as well without the 5th DPS. I could go elemental on my shaman, but I'm 100% sure he'd pull aggro off the pets nonstop, and movement suffers. On the other hand the heals makes many mechanics that maybe you can't race through yet, much easier. Can't wait to see how they do at 860+.
    Last edited by rapstar : 03-02-2017 at 01:08 AM