Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default 5 Paladins Black Rock Hold +7

Nice one. Raging with necrotic can often lead to some unexpected deaths...
    I Like the music

Im glad you like it, I prefer Raging over Bolstering tho, which makes some instances pain in the ass to do or even impossible at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Nice one. Raging with necrotic can often lead to some unexpected deaths...
    I Like the music

Another great video! Some feed back based on my own experiences

• I highly recommend skipping all the trash before the first boss using invis pots. if you do so, you HAVE to kill everyone else in the dungeon though. Alternatively, you can invis through the last set of mobs after the 3rd boss, which are always a PITA.
    • Illysanna: When the guards come, use Repentance on the Soul-Torn guard and burn down the Arcanist first, does the most damage. You can target him well before he comes through the gate - could even make a macro to make it very fast.
    • Illysanna: Instead of running away from the eye beam, immunity through it to burn down the Arcanist.
    • Stairs with Boulders: You can Divine Shield + Charge up the stairs to save a bit of time

From your video, I learned a couple things - namely how to better handle the annoying spiders on the stairs after the first boss. I've always pulled then ran away. Instead, I'll get aggro all on one and use an immunity my shield to take all the damage and nuke the spider mini-boss.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Another great video! Some feed back based on my own experiences

• I highly recommend skipping all the trash before the first boss using invis pots. if you do so, you HAVE to kill everyone else in the dungeon though. Alternatively, you can invis through the last set of mobs after the 3rd boss, which are always a PITA.
    • Illysanna: When the guards come, use Repentance on the Soul-Torn guard and burn down the Arcanist first, does the most damage. You can target him well before he comes through the gate - could even make a macro to make it very fast.
    • Illysanna: Instead of running away from the eye beam, immunity through it to burn down the Arcanist.
    • Stairs with Boulders: You can Divine Shield + Charge up the stairs to save a bit of time

From your video, I learned a couple things - namely how to better handle the annoying spiders on the stairs after the first boss. I've always pulled then ran away. Instead, I'll get aggro all on one and use an immunity my shield to take all the damage and nuke the spider mini-boss.
    Thanks for your feedback, yeah the spider mini-boss and little spiders before that are annoying cause of that debuff, just remember when u get Bolstering affix it wont work like that, I mean pull all aoe them while having Divine Shield .. mini-boss will no longer be mini but any other affix you can just do it like I do.

Stairs with Boulders: You can Divine Shield + Charge up the stairs to save a bit of time - I guess I could but what If I dont make it to the top ? I will get stuck there forever untill I die hehe, also might need Divine Shield for something else later on.

To be honest I didnt try Repentance yet ( I will if i get BRH) I just run Blinding Light on all 5 with Round-Robin keybind on it, anyway I did BRH+9 (last week I belive) with Bolstering/Overflowing (I got the key from my NL+8 run), I didnt post video because It was terrible, I finished run but my time was like 70-80 minutes. Illysanna was the biggest problem, it was actually a lot harder than on +7.

I didnt try invisible pots yet, they put your pot timer on 10 min cd after you use them right ? I feel like thats just too long, I often pre pot every trash pack if its high keystone level, just simply because gold isnt issue for me so I dont mind wasting few more potions per run as long I finish it with good result.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I run 1x Paladin 4x DKs, so can't use the blinding light round robin, so Repentance is my go-to.
    I assume you run into diminishing return issues sometimes?

Since I have 4x battle rezes, I don't mind wasting Divine Shield to make the stairs faster and its only a 5min cool down. I think to get up all the stairs and clear all the trash to the next boss takes at least that long.

I agree, 10 minute pot timer sucks, it used to be much shorter and would reset based on combat status back in the day. FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I run 1x Paladin 4x DKs, so can't use the blinding light round robin, so Repentance is my go-to.
    I assume you run into diminishing return issues sometimes?

Since I have 4x battle rezes, I don't mind wasting Divine Shield to make the stairs faster and its only a 5min cool down. I think to get up all the stairs and clear all the trash to the next boss takes at least that long.

I agree, 10 minute pot timer sucks, it used to be much shorter and would reset based on combat status back in the day. FTL.
    I also use Blinding light rotation for the adds on that boss. I'm pretty sure that all of the paladins AoE abilities are holy, which should leave it stunned for the full duration.
    I don't know about diminishing returns from blinding light, if there is any it's no where close as the diminishing returns from the regular stun for example. I can usually finish large packs and keep them perma stunned for a long duration with blinding light.

Awesome stuff! I thought bolstering doesnt work on those spiders, like how it doesn't work on the bats on the gauntlet before 3rd boss? Or am I wrong here?

EDIT: Blessing of spellwarding, it removes necrotic stacks but I'm not sure if it drops aggro or not. But you can round robin it for trash packs on your guy taking the hits if you want to try it out.
    Last edited by valkry : 12-14-2016 at 04:35 AM
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Awesome stuff! I thought bolstering doesnt work on those spiders, like how it doesn't work on the bats on the gauntlet before 3rd boss? Or am I wrong here?

EDIT: Blessing of spellwarding, it removes necrotic stacks but I'm not sure if it drops aggro or not. But you can round robin it for trash packs on your guy taking the hits if you want to try it out.
    Thanks for tip about Blessing of Spellwarding, will you use it for sure because we have Necrotic this week as 2nd affix. Yes about bolstering, it sadly works for this little spiders, but like you said it doesnt for bats or it would be like impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzyta View Post
    Thanks for tip about Blessing of Spellwarding, will you use it for sure because we have Necrotic this week as 2nd affix. Yes about bolstering, it sadly works for this little spiders, but like you said it doesnt for bats or it would be like impossible to do.
    This weeks affixes are Bolstering, Overflowing, Tyrannical. They follow a specific rotation.