Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default My target keeps switching to corpses

I don't have any targeting commands in my macros other than casting Misdirection on my pet.

I used to have this issue of my target switching to corpses and I solved it with a targeting macro:
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]

The issue with this macro is that I end up pulling things by mistake. So I stopped using the macro and was fine for a few months. But now the switching to corpses is back.

Don't know if this is part of the issue but I'm using ISBoxer.

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it without a targeting macro?

This has long been a feature of WoW, where it will automatically pick up a target if you attempt to use a combat ability and do not already have a valid target.

At the top of your combat macros, you can put something like
    /stopmacro [dead] [noharm]

This should prevent the behavior you're seeing

Secondly if you have auto-assist enabled in ISBoxer, where you press 1 and it first assists and then attacks, you may end up targeting corpses (the previous target) because of the inherent delay in Auto-Assisting. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Assist_delay
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    Don't know if this is part of the issue but I'm using ISBoxer.

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it without a targeting macro?
    It's usually a result of having the incorrect Target set for an Assist Mapped Key, where everyone is being told to tell everyone else to assist them, which would be incorrect—you only want the active character to be telling everyone else to assist them.

EDIT: And apparently Lax beat me to the reply, which is also correct.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    This has long been a feature of WoW, where it will automatically pick up a target if you attempt to use a combat ability and do not already have a valid target.
    I do have a valid target. But when I use the combat hotkey the target switches to a corpse.

if you have auto-assist enabled in ISBoxer, where you press 1 and it first assists and then attacks, you may end up targeting corpses (the previous target) because of the inherent delay in Auto-Assisting
    Wouldn't that only affect the followers?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It's usually a result of having the incorrect Target set for an Assist Mapped Key, where everyone is being told to tell everyone else to assist them, which would be incorrect—you only want the active character to be telling everyone else to assist them.
    The Assist Mapped Key target is "All w/o current".

Wouldn't that only affect the followers?
    Yes.

Your issue is along the lines of what MiRai said, which is basically that you have something telling your main window to assist another window. Typically this is the result of a Do Mapped Key Action chain, where you're using Do Mapped Key Action to all windows to do their abilities, but then one of those Mapped Keys also includes an Assist (which then sends to all of that slave's "other windows", which includes your main window)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I did recently assign assist to its own action. When I set the target to "All w/o current" I got a warning message. So I set it to "All w/ current".

Now I realize that is the problem and it should be set to Current. Thanks for your help.

So that didn't solve the problem. I have two hunters on a team with the same Action Target Groups and key maps. When I lead from hunter1 combat is fine. When I lead from hunter2 I have the targeting issue.

I had this exact same issue a few days ago, make sure the interact with target and assist target are set to Window: Current.

There is probably a spot where one of these has changed, that's how mine happened.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    I had this exact same issue a few days ago, make sure the interact with target and assist target are set to Window: Current.

There is probably a spot where one of these has changed, that's how mine happened.
    I've been through the keymap several times. Each assist is set to current and there are no IWT.

Something else seems to be causing this but I don't know how to find it.