Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Request for video, mythic Serpentrix

Looking for Serpentrix video for mythic/mythic+ Eye of Azshara

I can get the guy down, but it always seems random and lucky. He's just being a big pain for me and I could use some ideas.

The video I posted a while ago was my first kill of Serpentrix, and I've hade much cleaner kills on even some lower m+ since that. I'm afraid the chance that I will be able to make a new video for this will be hard atm, my lowest keystones this week will still be a bit high for this dungeon even if I get it straight out of the chest.

The main things I focus on for this boss is:

1) When a character gets poiisoned and leaves AoE, it's possible to just run with the whole group. But if it's on your main char switch to another char and make it lead the group, else you will just nuke all chars even if you move.
    2) Sometimes you may have to place the pools smart, (back away and move in again) rather than just moving in a small circle around the boss. You will consume all the space close to the boss otherwise.
    3) If you use IWT together with all your abilities when moving towards the boss or add worm, gather up the toons by using follow when you are in hit range of the target, so they dont keep moving and fall down.
    4) Practice moving down and up from all the pools nearby where adds can spawn. If characters fall down, it's very easy to move out again if you are used to getting up from them again.
    5) Cooldowns are not saved for when you make any mistakes, they will have to be used proactively to survive this encounter. Don't forget that Avengers Wrath also works very nice as a defensive cooldown here. It will make AoE during this encounter manageable with your increased healing power.

So you go after the worm adds then, instead of staying focused on the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    So you go after the worm adds then, instead of staying focused on the boss?
    I do that yes, but I'm guessing it would be possible to skip 1 or both of the last 2 adds, if you have some cooldowns saved for a nice burst and some invulnerables. I guess that also depends on your gear level, and if its m+. At a higher level I think it would be hard to ignore the adds and burst down the boss fast enough. I have not really looked up what exactly the adds do, because I've always killed them ASAP.

I hate it when I get a Eye of Ashara key as Sepentrix is a major block for me.

Normally, I'll skip or do it as a single box. Since We play tanks, it is pretty easy to find a carry group and then you may get a better key afterwards.

Here is a video of a serpentrix kill I did a couple days ago

I overgear this now, but for paladins the biggest advantage of better gear is the increased DPS. Survival is largely tied to the % self heal and various cooldowns anyway.
    So I'm taking my time killing the boss, just to leave some time for showing how to handle the mechanics. I recommend using drums (hero), and then do it for 1st or 2nd submerge. Having heroism up will also increase your survivability with more frequent heals and SotR.

The key to this fight is to keep moving which will minimize the time you stand in AoE. Also if your current main char gets the toxic debuff, switch window and lead with another character. If you don't the AoE pool from the main char will nuke everyone on follow.

Save Blessing of Spellwarding and Bubble for the 2 submerges. During the submerges there often comes a time where you just don't have time to interrupt the boss Rampage, and are going to take a lot of damage from it. I typically use one of them between 1st and 2nd add, giving me time to kill the last add at the same time as recovering, even while standing in AoE.

Finally try to not fall down in the water holes. Either turn off IWT and do everything from just following all the time, or control your characters by using follow master when within hit range. And if you fall down, it is often possible to get up quick by jumping in the right way. If you have problems with this, you can even practice moving in and out of the pools before starting the fight.
    Last edited by davidmage : 12-10-2016 at 05:54 PM

Wonderful video, thanks!!

That fight is virtually impossible for me as 4 ele shams, the dmg just destroys me. Ive done it on mythic 0 but nothing higher. It's a massive road block. Maybe once I get another 500k hp and 10% dmg.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer