Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Returning to WoW few questions

Havent played since the beginning of the last expansion so im a bit of our sync.

1. I am wanting to 10 box a team and just wondered if this was viable for PVP / General world activities
    2. Do i need to purchase 10x wow and then 10x expansion or is the expansion and wow bundled into one?
    3. Which 10 man combo would be good for pvp?

Any tips for farming gold in a 10 man team to pay for tokens?

Thanks a lot

1. They removed /follow in battlegrounds a few years ago so it is not longer viable.

2. They had a Black Friday sale of wow for $5. You'll have to buy the base game and then the expansion. I believe target was offering it for $39.99 at one point.

3. Paladins, DKs, and Hunters are good. As I said in 1, /follow is removed in BG. However, World PvP is pretty good due to World Quests.

As for farming gold, I would roll dual gathers - mining and herbalism. Each node can be tapped by 10 different toons.

That means all ten of your guys will be able to mine/herb a node once and get loot.

wow good and bad news there. cant believe they removed /follow! that is a real shame. The idea about nodes being tapped 10 times is awesome though! do ores and herbs still sell for a lot?

Really not sure what to do now though as i was hoping to pvp and i'm guessing it can be hard to find the opposite faction in open world unless there is a sort of gathering area for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    1. They removed /follow in battlegrounds a few years ago so it is not longer viable.

2. They had a Black Friday sale of wow for $5. You'll have to buy the base game and then the expansion. I believe target was offering it for $39.99 at one point.

3. Paladins, DKs, and Hunters are good. As I said in 1, /follow is removed in BG. However, World PvP is pretty good due to World Quests.

As for farming gold, I would roll dual gathers - mining and herbalism. Each node can be tapped by 10 different toons.

That means all ten of your guys will be able to mine/herb a node once and get loot.
    if you had to choose a class for world pvp and gathering which race and classes would you choose?
    Last edited by pinki104 : 11-30-2016 at 09:08 AM

Finding people to kill is easier now than ever due to world quests and xrealm zones. There are everywhere.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Kill them - kill them all!!

I'm hijacking the thread a bit! I'm also returning to WoW after many years away, returning for the PVE (when before all I did was PvP)

I actually got excited to try and clear all of the 5 man content myself with a completely multiclass, multirace party.

As I look at what looks like every single Legion pve video, they're all running 5 same class compositions, or maybe a 4 same, one healer combination. They also all seem to be melee.

Are multiclass groups not do-able in legion? I was thinking of a warrior tank with a druid healer, mage, elemental shaman, shadow priest. Are ranged DPS no good in Legion? I don't mind a challenge, but if it ramps the difficulty from "really hard" to "near impossible" I won't even give it a try, and I'll do something like a 4dk Holy paladin combo. I just always wanted an eclectic team of all different classes and races, but the lack of seeing videos of it makes me assume it's basically impossible.
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

I think it's the class halls really.. it's just less hassle when they all have the same one..

Got ya... I haven't played since WotLK, so I don't even know what class halls are. I guess I have a lot to catch up on. Thanks for the tip! I only plan on running one team, so maybe I can deal with it... of course I say this having no ideas of what the mechanics for class halls are. That's not a bait to baby feed me the info. I'll go look'm up.

So you're saying 5 man dungeons are able to be done by trinity teams with ranged dps? I see 5 hunter videos as well. It's crazy to me. Boxing a dungeon w/ no tank/healer heroes. Madness. Very cool though! Still, if 5 mans can be done w/ multiclass parties... I think I'm gunna give it a try.

My wife expressed interest in the game, so maybe I can convince her to play the healer and I can 4 box it? Ah well I'm rambling now. Thx again!
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

i used to love my 5 hunter team but it was never able to do high end dungeons. is that not the case in legion?

Quote Originally Posted by pinki104 View Post
    i used to love my 5 hunter team but it was never able to do high end dungeons. is that not the case in legion?
    In WoD I managed to beat all mythic dungeons with 5 hunters. But the last one required a serious amount of overgear, as in heroic raid sets and maxed Maalus legendary ring.

Now in Legion I have managed to do many mythic dungeons. And when I started doing the first ones, I can't say I was overgearing them. Since we now have these silly titanforged chances on all drops and even world quests, our really high Artifact weapon and RNG legendary(s) the Ilvl for a dungeon is tbh slightly higher in correlation to its drops in my opinion.

As I like to make it a bit of a surprise when I release a video, I won't say exactly how many dungeons I have completed. But I know that All Current mythic dungeons are doable with x5 hunters. Some are dead easy, and the hardest one is Maw of Souls (ironically since it's like the easiest for 5 tank teams).

I have also done some mythic+ with my hunters. That team is extremely potent for beating timers. I have a video to be edited, where I beat a very respected dungeon on level 3 within 3 chest timer.

Edit: Of course this team will never be able to match the m+ levels that a 5 tank team can do, and x5 dps is harder in many ways. It's a fun challenge to see what's possible without real healers/tanks (Prot palas heal like a healer tbh). But if you just want maximum results for your efforts, 5 tanks is just easiest.
    Last edited by davidmage : 12-01-2016 at 05:45 AM