Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Question about pet tanks

I noticed hunters took down mythic VH which is awesome. Has anyone tried warlocks in mythics and if so what were your findings with the pets tanking? Just wondering before i start something I'm going to regret.

Thanks in advance.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

What ive gotten from leveling and playing with Warlocks in legion. Is that the DPS is very dependent on gear. Which can be a problem running dungeons in the beginning.

Not sure about the pets but the tanking is fine for world quests and Leveling, but in dungeons it might not be as good. But if you have 5 Locks you can just tank swap between the pets and re summon another if one dies.

Locks had a huge nerf recently with Demon Skin and Dark Pact being moved to the same row in talent choice.. this has had a huge impact.. I have been playing with Affliction, and although it's dps is low I enjoy the dot and run style.. plus Seed of Corruption with the Sow the Seeds talent is awesome!

I also like the "Sweet Souls" Affliction artifact talent (Your Healthstone heals you for an additional 25% of your maximum health. Any party or raid member using a Healthstone also heals you for the amount they were healed).

I'm toying with the idea of turning my 2 Locks into 5.. I have had some time off wow recently and fancy another go.

Just remember that it does cost a soul shard to re-summon a pet. To avoid having all Locks call their pets (they do even if the current one is alive) use a macro like:

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [@pet,dead][nopet:Voidwalker] summon Voidwalker
    Change this to abyssal if that's what you end up using.. a mix couldn't hurt?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 12-04-2016 at 03:22 AM

I was going to mess around with 5 affliction locks and just let the pets take the hits. If they get 1 shot then its really not worth it. I'm talking normal mythics. Im wondering if you could just dot mobs then drain life. Keep on the move when you need and not lose dps.

maybe ill give it a go anyway for fun.

Drain soul was what I was using when it was 700% - it replaced Drain Life, but now with the nerf it's not as good, but it does still grant a soul shard - something I think you need to keep topped up if you spend a lot of time draining. If the basic Blueberry can take the hits then Grimoire of service could be handy to summon a second demon every 1.5 mins.. a silence via the Felpup or another 5 Blueberries lol.. that would be fun to watch!

That way you'd still be able to use Doomguard and the Abyssal with the /cast [@name] command.

I also think Soul Leech is mandatory for them as reports on the forum state pets die so fast without it... but can tank world elites with it.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 11-29-2016 at 02:17 PM

10 blueberries aught to be enough to keep a boss busy for a while. I think im going to have some fun with this or get really frustrated. Either way it's something to do.

Thanks for the infos and the macro. It will come in handy.

You're welcome and good luck