Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Post 5x Demon Hunters

Anyone tried or currently running this comp? Vengeance has some really great potential. What are your thoughts

I have been wanting to give Resto druid and 4 vengeance demon hunters a try. Even though they heal for quite a bit I think they would still needed some kind of dedicated healer. They are getting some nice buffs in 7.1.5
    Last edited by Xeneres : 12-02-2016 at 10:16 AM

I'm leveling a 4x vengeance DH's with a protection Pally and it seems like a fun group so far. Currently level 103 and did a blind run of Normal Halls of Valor at 100 and did well despite not playing through that dungeon before. I lead with the pally and healed using Hand of the Protector and Flash Heal via the cool Healium addon. I had a couple of wipes on the trash packs due to my inexperience with melee teams and the dungeon, but I one shot all of the bosses at least.

Fun group and should be even better after the 7.1 patch. I will either swap out the pally or a DH for a resto druid if I end up needing more healing in heroics and mythics.

I'm not sure if 5x DH's will be able to sufficiently heal themselves in fights that require a lot of movement if you aren't able to keep attacking the target. I gave the Prot pally a try since Xeneres has had such good success with a prot pally healing his 4x DK team.
    Last edited by Slayde : 11-28-2016 at 03:43 PM
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

The vengeance DHS are great as long as you make use of taunt swap and proper use of there metamorph button. the procs from the artifact tree really do make them shine the deeper into the artifact you go. My personal thing i love about them though is the fact i can double tap their jump key and it moves them directly on the other side of the boss and they continue fighting.... makes getting out of bad stuff so much easier.

Also, the new GTAE conditionals makes managing their sigils and the jump/slam easy to manage( cant remember ability name ).

What buffs in 7.1 are you talking about btw?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I've been wanting to level my other 4DH they are a fun class. i think i got plenty of rested XP
    Last edited by Dominicano : 11-28-2016 at 07:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Also, the new GTAE conditionals makes managing their sigils and the jump/slam easy to manage( cant remember ability name ).

What buffs in 7.1 are you talking about btw?
    Sorry I meant to say 7.1.5 buffs. DHs are getting a few quality of life and slight buffs to some of their mitigation and self-healing/absorbs.

I think Im going to try my hand in 3 Demon Hunters at the moment on my server its a dead. So dead things are selling very slowly and transmog gear dont even sell >.<

Thought about trying a different server and with the Demon Hunters being a closest to 100 wouldnt be so bad. Now Ive got two things to figure out, LOL

What server? and what spec? lol >.<

i play a disc priest and 4x vengeance demon hunters.. its actually a pretty powerful group.. i use my holy artifact for the really tough fights.. but for mythics they have so much aoe damage and the taunt rotation that they just tear through stuff...

the weakest part is their single target damage... it can really hurt ya if your in a rush or on a timed run.

Im still gearing mine up..but i have done Mythic DHT with 5 Vengeance DHs. ( i did not do the dragon, I was just at starting item lvl for mythics ) They have damn good self healing! It sounds like they are getting buffed in the upcoming patch as well ( more healing/mitigation and dps )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )