Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    I have been using 4 mds to Terror (my main tank) and 1 hunter who simply have Tanky as md target in the macro instead. I have 3 turtles with the turtle shield wall.
    I'll give this a try. I've been using @pet on my hunters MD macro since I figured directing all of the threat to a single pet would be a bad idea if it dies and the pets that are still alive don't have enough threat to pick up the boss. You don't have an issue with the boss switching to you after your main tank pet dies (which I assume it does often if you're MDing all agro to it)?

So I just tried MDing to one pet. It helped the boss stay on that pet until it died and then it switched to one of my druids rather than another pet. Maybe the problem is balance druid is somehow doing more threat-per-second than the hunters even though it's doing half the DPS. Weird.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 12-06-2016 at 10:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I'll give this a try. I've been using @pet on my hunters MD macro since I figured directing all of the threat to a single pet would be a bad idea if it dies and the pets that are still alive don't have enough threat to pick up the boss. You don't have an issue with the boss switching to you after your main tank pet dies (which I assume it does often if you're MDing all agro to it)?

So I just tried MDing to one pet. It helped the boss stay on that pet until it died and then it switched to one of my druids rather than another pet. Maybe the problem is balance druid is somehow doing more threat-per-second than the hunters even though it's doing half the DPS. Weird.
    Aha so you are not using 5 hunters, but a mixed team? The thing with BM hunter is that so much of the threat goes to the pet even without MD, that the pet will be targeted before the hunter. So with 5 hunters that will mean that the boss have to kill 5 pets before it considers a hunter.
    But if you are having dps which are not BM, 100% of their dps will contribute to their threat, and they will be very vulnerable. What is your full setup? Did you MD a second pet also? I'm using 4 MD on main turtle, and 1 MD on second turtle. If I'm lucky 30 seconds will have passed before 1st and second turtle dies, and I can just MD all over again. If not usually the non MD pets get aggro, and can last until next MD is ready again.

2 Druids, 3 hunters. I wanted to be able to queue for RDF and I figured I could switch the druids between resto/balance for heals when I need them. Seems not to be working out that way though -- they just pull too much threat from the pets.

Had to log out to do some work. I'll do some more testing tomorrow if I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    2 Druids, 3 hunters. I wanted to be able to queue for RDF and I figured I could switch the druids between resto/balance for heals when I need them. Seems not to be working out that way though -- they just pull too much threat from the pets.

Had to log out to do some work. I'll do some more testing tomorrow if I have time.
    I see, the threat will be a problem then. And if every hunter MD:ed it's own pet, the boss went for the druids even before the pets died?
    Since the druids generate much threat compared to the hunters/pets (because they split the aggro in 2 pools) we have to MD more than 1 on a specific pet to give it more aggro than a druid. At the same time you would need about 2 or even 3 pets in that aggro level to guarantee that the boss have pets to cycle through before it attacks the druids.
    I'm not sure if tenacity pets generate more threat on bosses, are you using 1 or more tenacity pets?

Another strategy on this would be to just have 1 designated pet tank. All hunters MD it as much as possible. And then you use your healing and make sure it just survives? I wonder if 3 MD + the threat of a tenacity pet would be enough threat vs the threat generated by your druids. Keeping the pet up might prove challenging tho, and if it ever dies it's game over for your druids. You would definitely need a tenacity turtle, and the hunter would have to choose "Aspect of the Beast" level 100 talent.

Also I don't know if Feign Death removes a lot of threat permanently, or just temporary. But I use it regularly during encounters, and if it affects the threat permanently it might be totally necessary.
    For example, sometimes I know for sure that all pets have died within the last 10 seconds, and the fight may have been going on for over a minute. The threat my hunters then would have is probably too much for even a focused MD on a fresh pet to overcome. In that situation I always use FD on all hunters, and then I have permanently made the boss attack the pets again.
    Last edited by davidmage : 12-06-2016 at 05:07 PM