Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Dual-Boxing healer/tank setup for Mythic+ with DPS guildmates?

I am going to dive back into dual-boxing. I ran 4 shamans in the past, but I just want to fill the heal/tank roles for a small group of friends I have gamed with. does this offer any disadvantage to the people I see filling a 5 man group themselves? My friends are talented and will be good on taking damage. Is there any reason I shouldn't dive into this?

Also, I main a druid tank, so I will be making a DH, and then on my second account using the legion boost to start a Shaman or Paladin?

Which healer do you think better for this setup? Paladin or Shaman for going up to +10 mythic+ with my bear tank?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterKvothe View Post
    I am going to dive back into dual-boxing. I ran 4 shamans in the past, but I just want to fill the heal/tank roles for a small group of friends I have gamed with. does this offer any disadvantage to the people I see filling a 5 man group themselves? My friends are talented and will be good on taking damage. Is there any reason I shouldn't dive into this?

Also, I main a druid tank, so I will be making a DH, and then on my second account using the legion boost to start a Shaman or Paladin?

Which healer do you think better for this setup? Paladin or Shaman for going up to +10 mythic+ with my bear tank?
    It does offer an advantage since it makes it easier on you because you wont have to do everything and less chance mechanics will target your toons. I would hope some of your friends will play ranged classes. An all melee group can be difficult for some dungeons and bosses but its not as bad as previous expansions.

For your healer I would honestly go with druid that way you have the same gear type and will get more chances at loot per dungeon. An extra battle rez also will not hurt. I don't think there is any denying that druids are the best dungeons healers so far in Legion. I've found its more difficult to multibox healers that have to hard cast spells to get out the majority of their healing. A druid can stay mobile the entirety of the dungeon and keeps hots rolling on everyone while also dodging mechanics

I play 4 blood dks and 1 prot and sometimes holy paladin. I had an issue with my holy paladin where if a mechanic went out on me I was moving so much that I was falling behind on healing myself and the others on my team. I couldn't stay and finish a cast since standing in bad for a second or two too long would mean I would have to spend twice as much time casting holy light or flash of light to top myself off. I was the sole non tank or "ranged" target so I spent most of the dungeon constantly dodging mechanics. By going prot I gained a beefy instant cast heal that was based on percentage of missing hp. It was about 4-5x more healing than my average flash of light on a toon at 50% hp. I also gained more damage for my group and extra survival on my paladin, so I didn't need to use every heal on my paladin. This comp wouldn't work if I wasn't playing with 4 blood dks who largely take care of themselves with their powerful self healing with exception of the one who is actively tanking. If I wanted too I can taunt trade every 10-15 seconds on each DK and not even need the paladins healing. Still its nice to have a targeted heal when a large active mitigation hit comes in to make sure that toon is not as risk of dying from the next swing or mechanic coming out.

Hmm. Maybe I will turn this group into a 5-man boxing. I really only have 1 close friend I play with and he is a demon hunter, so I could always just sub him in on runs when he wants to come with me.

Wow is only $5 atm, and I could easily level a group to 90/100 over this long weekend, and then when I get paid I can pick up a few more copies of legion and get to it.

How rough is doing 90-100 on the toons? I don't even have draenor flying on my main account so the potion 3 hour trick isn't an option.

I would go 5-box. Either 1 pally 4x dks or 5x pallys
    Both are strong in Legion mythic dungeons. You wont regret it and you can still play with friends anytime tou want to.

Personally, I am doing a 10-box. I have 10x dks and 5x paladins. My primary team is item level 865 average. Reason i decided to do a 10 box is allows me to attempt raids and trash and more keystone options. Plus i can mix and match my dks and paladins based on dungeon.

Plus, with an all plate team i can boost a fresh plate team very quickly due to loot trading. For example, i can run my item level 780 dk with my 860 in mythics and mythic +2.

Side benefit 10x multi gathering of herbs/ore. See beeqs thread on it. In short, one node can be tapped ten times.

Also you should note that legion comes with a free level 100 boost. You can literally make 5x new toons, use the boost to 100 and get your artifact in 1 hour or less.

Also, be sure to watch Mirai videos on how to do a pro setup in isboxer.

Any BF deals on legion? I think ima do it. Also, what is the highest mythic+ people are completing?

Not aware of any black friday deals on legion
    Wow itself is $5

As fot levels, davidmage has done +10 with 5 pallys. I think xeneres has done a done as well with his paladin and 4x dk.

A few Others are doing 3-7s.