Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Starting with a +2 mythic key every week

If you open your challenger cache chest it gives you a mythic+ key one level less than you completed that week.

But lets say you would rather start with all +2 keys. Which I do because there are very few dungeons I can complete on high mythic+ and darn RNG seldom gives those keys to me. I would miss out on a lot of loot unless I started with +2 keys only.

Before opening your chest, run a mythic. It gives you a +2 and since the keys are unique you will not get another when you open the chest.

Thought I would post this in case anyone else found it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    If you open your challenger cache chest it gives you a mythic+ key one level less than you completed that week.

But lets say you would rather start with all +2 keys. Which I do because there are very few dungeons I can complete on high mythic+ and darn RNG seldom gives those keys to me. I would miss out on a lot of loot unless I started with +2 keys only.

Before opening your chest, run a mythic. It gives you a +2 and since the keys are unique you will not get another when you open the chest.

Thought I would post this in case anyone else found it useful.
    I'm not so sure about this.

I thought it gave you -2 what your best was for the week out of the cache. I'm guessing that if you only do mythic 3 (+2) it will at worst give you a Mythic 2(+1) since it cant give you a regular mythic (+0) as a keystone. The other part I believe is correct where if you run a mythic dungeon before you open your chest it will give you the same difficulty as your best dungeon you completed last week. I would think opening the chest first is better since you get to do lower difficulty dungeons and can possibly get in more mythic+ runs out that week than if you started at the same difficulty of your previous weeks best keystone.

Ill try it out tomorrow before opening the cache to see if i get a low key instead of the +6-8 that i should receive in my box. (had some guildies that liked that i get alot of keys )

Just to confirm I got a Mythic Level 6 keystone on all of my toons out of the weekly chest yesterday with mythic level 8 as the highest mythic+ I completed for the previous week.

When I had mythic+4 as my highest everyone received +3 keys out of the chest. So when +6 was my highest I didn't want to risk having to start with +5.

But maybe its 2 levels lower and +3 is the just the minimum.