Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Stubborn Protection Paladins

After todays level 9 DHT I got a level 10 key for Neltharion's lair. There was absolutely no chance that I would beat it within the timer, even if I would never wipe on the trash or bosses. The raw hp of everything that needs to be killed is too much. Also I was not very eager to do Naraxas with 100% more HP and dmg.

Anyway after like 1.5 hours it was done. I wiped more often on trash than on bosses. All bosses except Naraxas was one shotted, 1st and 2nd I didn't even use drums. Naraxas took me 4 wipes. Anyway this was worth the effort, and interesting to see how strong things are with the third affix (I had the trash affix) http://www.wowhead.com/affix=10/fortified

WoWScrnShot_112016_203049.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112016_204319.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112016_204412.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112016_204451.jpg

Really nice Congrats on finishing such high level mythic+ also you will get some nice weekly chest rewards for next reset

What dungeons have you done before that to get such key ?
    Last edited by Bzyta : 11-20-2016 at 05:35 PM

He cheated and SOLO BOXED for a high level key! ( JK) Grats!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    He cheated and SOLO BOXED for a high level key! ( JK) Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bzyta View Post
    Really nice Congrats on finishing such high level mythic+ also you will get some nice weekly chest rewards for next reset

What dungeons have you done before that to get such key ?
    Thank you. Is it so that I will get a level 10 weekly chest, even if I did not finish it within the timer? I'm not really sure how it works, but if it is like that it would be great.

They dungeon before this was also a DHT level 8. And I remember I did a Neltharion's lair level 5 and finished it with 2 chest timer. But what dungeon took me from 7 to the level 8 DHT I can't remember. Maybe the first Neltharion's lair was level 6 to start with?

Anyway there was 2 of DHT and counting the level 10 Neltharion' lair 2 of those also. Later today I will check my recordings to see if I have another dungeon in there, and if the Neltharions lair was 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Thank you. Is it so that I will get a level 10 weekly chest, even if I did not finish it within the timer? I'm not really sure how it works, but if it is like that it would be great.

They dungeon before this was also a DHT level 8. And I remember I did a Neltharion's lair level 5 and finished it with 2 chest timer. But what dungeon took me from 7 to the level 8 DHT I can't remember. Maybe the first Neltharion's lair was level 6 to start with?

Anyway there was 2 of DHT and counting the level 10 Neltharion' lair 2 of those also. Later today I will check my recordings to see if I have another dungeon in there, and if the Neltharions lair was 5 or 6.
    You will get a level 10 weekly cache chest so minimum of item level 880. It doesn't matter for the weekly cache if you beat the timer only that you finished the dungeon. The only drawback is I believe you will start with a Mythic Level 8 keystones for the week from the weekly cache. This can be a good thing but if you get some unlucky dungeons combined with some bad affixes it may limit what you can do for next weeks reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    You will get a level 10 weekly cache chest so minimum of item level 880. It doesn't matter for the weekly cache if you beat the timer only that you finished the dungeon. The only drawback is I believe you will start with a Mythic Level 8 keystones for the week from the weekly cache. This can be a good thing but if you get some unlucky dungeons combined with some bad affixes it may limit what you can do for next weeks reset.
    Ah okay, thats cool. I also read up just now, and it looks like lvl 10 is the last level where the rewards stop scaling. So yay for maximum reward

Yup there will be some high level keys in the chest for me next time. But if I do a normal mythic before opening it, I will get level 2 fresh keys to work with instead of the ones from the chest. JohnGabriel just created a post with this tip. (though I was aware of this) I will probably do this instead of taking the ones from the weekly chest.
    There are a couple of dungeons, and some affixes where things would be just too hard at level 8. The ones I had this week was lucky, well at least skittish. And the level 10 affix for the trash was also nice, had it been the one for bosses Naraxus may have been a dead end for me.

I guess another stupid affix for 5 tanks would be "Overflowing"? Since tanks are not healer spec, we will never be affected by this right? With Overflowing and Skittish, things would be set for success.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    Ah okay, thats cool. I also read up just now, and it looks like lvl 10 is the last level where the rewards stop scaling. So yay for maximum reward

Yup there will be some high level keys in the chest for me next time. But if I do a normal mythic before opening it, I will get level 2 fresh keys to work with instead of the ones from the chest. JohnGabriel just created a post with this tip. (though I was aware of this) I will probably do this instead of taking the ones from the weekly chest.
    There are a couple of dungeons, and some affixes where things would be just too hard at level 8. The ones I had this week was lucky, well at least skittish. And the level 10 affix for the trash was also nice, had it been the one for bosses Naraxus may have been a dead end for me.

I guess another stupid affix for 5 tanks would be "Overflowing"? Since tanks are not healer spec, we will never be affected by this right? With Overflowing and Skittish, things would be set for success.
    With halls of valor release they buffed it up to level 12 for maximum reward for 885 item level. Gotta get that +11 for max rewards. I'm sure one of us will get there eventually!

You will get level 10 keystones I believe if you run a mythic before you open your chest. You don't get to start out at +2. I wonder what would happen if you don't complete any mythics for 2 weeks? Would you go back to +1 since you didn't complete any mythic+ for the previous week for it to downgrade -2? This might be a good thing for you since if you can complete one of the 5 keystones you can keep getting that 880 loot in your chest. I'd bet that you probably wouldn't have very good affixes like this for next week.

I when I first got started with mythic+ I was hoping I would run a regular mythic dungeon to get lower keystones than the chest +2 that was in my chest so I could run more by building them up. To my surprise it was Mythic+4 which was the highest I had completed for the previous week so I know now to always get the ones in the chest.

I would hope tanks wouldn't be affected by overflowing.

Ah I see, that makes sense to upper it a bit. Yeah level 10 within the timer should be doable sometime soon. The run I did would not have made the timer even if i removes all the wipes. But my gear is still a bit low, and I still used no old war pots. I have to admit them pots would have made a huge difference on naraxus, since he gets stronger if you dont nail the mechanics each time.

Also Ive been thinking of which dungeon would be most friendly at lvl 10 with 100% hp/dmg + third affix with the additional increase to either trash or bosses. (Fortified, Tyrannical)
    I can see the bosses in DHT done with tyrannical. Maybe maw of souls too? Neltharions lair naraxus will be doable with some ilvl and old war.
    Ive not played much at higher m+ , but is there any other dungeon which would be a candidate?
    And btw with this im ofc assuming at least 1 friendly affix for use, some are just a pain.

Regarding keystones. I will loot some from chest and then run a mythic, and we will see what levels are given to me.

When you guys mention Mythic +1 - what is that? I've only seen Mythic +2+ keys.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews