Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22

5v5 arena is pretty much dead, so probably wouldn't try that.

edit: 5v5 has been removed, woops!
    Last edited by Multibocks : 11-29-2016 at 07:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    I agree on Maw of Souls, I find it at the same level as DHT.
    Nice going with Hov and VH. For VH the RNG of the bosses are everything yeah. When I was lowly geared, Shivermaw was a tough boss, but doable. And the Vampire boss was impossible because I did not have the dps to finish it before my chars became mind controlled. Finally the last boss I prefer the female instead of the male Demon, he does some ability where you have to spread 2 chars away from the rest of the group, it's troublesome.

Neltharion's lair Naraxas is indeed a challenge. But as I have fought it many times now, I find that it's doable. As most I have defeated Naraxus on +100% hp and dmg without old war pot. The higher mythic+ the more defensive I play (prio not standing in crap over dps time).
    I try to place a rancid maw pool far away from the boss, to use later for slowing a spiked tongue and avoid getting eaten. If Naraxas eats (char or minion) the dmg he does increases by 50%, stacking.

If I fail to place a rancid maw in a useable position before spiked tongue, I try to run past the eggs to the right side (right as you run away from the boss). about 50% of the time I can manage to get "stuck" with an egg between me and the boss, pwning the spiked tongue.
    Even if you get eaten once or twice (well maybe not twice on evel 10 with+100% dmg/hp) it's fine, as long you don't let him eat any minions on top of that.

Before the minions come, you should already be in the position where they jump down. Just before they are even targetable, and you can use ranged abilities before they jump down. Don't be afraid to go to the adds position early, or just move out of range at times to recover. Standing with all chars out of range and taking the AoE he does without any char in range, is often less than his melee damage + any kind of AoE that will be present close to the boss.

When he is close to dying, ignore the last pair of minions. Instead of hitting on you, he will be busy eating both of the adds for a while. If he still is alive after that he will be mega strong, that is the perfect time for bubbling up, giving you a little while longer to finish him off
    Yea, I went through and 1 shot Maw of Souls after reading the post. Hoping to get a Mythic+ done this week with the reset. Your videos are pretty crazy, I just need to get my gear going.

Using the pool to slow down a spiked tongue sounds like the missing piece. I was wiping to him at like 20% and it was after the second spiked tongue every time.
    Last edited by Toned : 11-30-2016 at 03:23 AM