Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default 5 Hunters Violet Hold Mythic

In this video I got Millificent Manastorm, Shivermaw and Sael'orn.
    Shivermaw was quite hard, and I had to spend some attempts to learn this encounter. The other 2 were killed on first attempt.

The next week I did this again. I then had Blood-Princess Thal'ena, Anub'esset and Fel Lord Betrug. All those 3 were easier for x5 hunters than the ones in this video.

The 2 bosses I have not yet fought should not be a problem if I remember them right.

Wow! I'm just returning to multiboxing from WotLK where I only PvPed, I can't believe you can clear dungeons with only hunters! This is pretty cool. I'm trying to theory craft up a 5 man team with all different classes. Maybe I can try the one class technique. I still like the idea of having different classes though, that way they want different gear and I don't have to throw 90% of it away. Would be great for enchanting though I guess.
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Gramzngunz View Post
    Wow! I'm just returning to multiboxing from WotLK where I only PvPed, I can't believe you can clear dungeons with only hunters! This is pretty cool. I'm trying to theory craft up a 5 man team with all different classes. Maybe I can try the one class technique. I still like the idea of having different classes though, that way they want different gear and I don't have to throw 90% of it away. Would be great for enchanting though I guess.
    5 Hunters can do very much I believe.
    It's not so bad to have all the same class, for loot it's actually better. With Personal loot (which is the only option now) all chars have a chance to get something. And if the item is not an upgrade for the one who got it, you can trade it to other characters for which it is an upgrade. If you have different armors, you will not be able to give the items to other chars as easy.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmage View Post
    If you have different armors, you will not be able to give the items to other chars as easy.
    My warlock friend gets /sadface when I get a good tradeable drop and it's plate.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Really nice to see My hunters are still only 790ish and missing third slot. working on that..
    any tips and hints on how u set stuff up ?

Quote Originally Posted by mugg70 View Post
    Really nice to see My hunters are still only 790ish and missing third slot. working on that..
    any tips and hints on how u set stuff up ?
    My setup for my hunters is very simple. Most of the abilitys on the actionbars are just the same on all chars, and I just press stuff. The pet summon of course are different pets on that position, and I use 8 and 9 for 2 different interupts.
    The pets I use are:
    1) Terror - Tenacity turtle, main tank
    2) Tanky - Ferocity turtle, second tank
    3) Sheldon - Ferocity turtle
    4) Nether Ray - Ferocity, cool heroism effect
    5) Crane - Ferocity, battle ress

The other things which have been configured are:
    1) Healbot: I use healbot to control a battleres. It's for the one hunter who always use a crane, and I just then left click the BR target. The rest of the hunters can summon cranes when needed, and then I just manually target and ress. I also have each hunters corresponding "Exhilaration" (big self heal) just next to the Healbot health bar, which I can press at times for a targeted heal on a specific hunter. But maybe it's possible to work that into healbot so I don't have to waste 5 action bars.

2) On the 1st, 2nd and 10th position of my "Bottom left action bar" (the one just above the main one) I have my cooldown/misdirect macros. They all contain misdirect to pet, and different amount of offensive cooldowns. I have been using 4 mds to Terror (my main tank) and 1 hunter who simply have Tanky as md target in the macro instead. I have 3 turtles with the turtle shield wall. It's often enough to keep the boss busy, even if it starts to kill my pets and I have to ress. It's just a cycle then, and as long I don't forget to ress/mend and md again, the boss never hits a hunter. Into the battle I often press the mend/heal pet button (for all hunter simultaneously) just to ress and mend as often as possible.

Were you able to do dungeons solo before you hit max level? A huge part of the fun for me is just going to be going through all the old vanilla dungeons as I level up. I'd be bummed if the dungeon "solo-ability" didn't come until they reached a particular level way down the line.

Thanks for the info on how looting works now. I was just thinking about vanilla style looting where an item drops, and it's cloth and you're all hunters... *sad face*
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

I have not leveled my hunters by doing dungeons. If you really like doing dungeons instead of just doing the regular quests outdoors, leveling 5 dps might be less fun.
    If your team cannot queue and fill all roles (3 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer) you cannot use the groupfinder to enter any dungeon you want. Then you have to physically walk to the dungeon. If you have 5 paladins for example they all have the "possibility" to play as all 3 roles, and can therefore queue as a full group.
    And even if you do that, I'm sorry to say that I have no idea how x5 hunters perform at lower levels. I leveled some of mine by questing, and some with the free lvl 100 boost which came with some xpac purchase.