Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Trinity Setup Vs. Mythics

Heylo!

As some of you might know, I've been stubborn and stuck to my trinity setup instead of going for all tanks and whatnot. While I'm starting to somewhat outgear base level mythics, I'm still quite happy with being able to clear pretty much all that I've tried so far. I'll have to see about going in to M+ at some point, but for now my game time is a tad limited so we'll see when/if that happens.

Anywhoo, here is my team's first shaky kill of Cordana (M) in Vault of The Wardens. A few mistakes, but didn't end up mattering in the end. + decent RNG with the creeping dudes.

Fairly easy fight really, once you know what to do. I would imagine with better gameplay this could be done in much, much lower gear.

The Monk is still the weak point in my team TBH and I think I'd do better with a Shaman or Pally healer... I'll keep posting in to this thread if I happen to record any more mythic kills while I slowly work my way through them.

Nice Job Wubsie.

I've been working on my frost DKs a bit as welll. I've given them any frost and extra shadow relics I've come across. I only have 13-14 traits invested into frost. I mainly go 4x frost + holy for LFR it makes the fights go faster than all tank. Frost has had some very nice buffs but I still think blizzard needs to fix their mastery scaling instead of buffing obliterate to keep the spec competitive.

I made a few frost dk GnomeSequencers. A useful one is to to spend runic power on death strike instead of frost strike if they need some extra healing. Frost has some very good RP gain so you can actually do pretty decent healing but it does cripple your damage a bit.

I'm at 32 traits with my blood spec so once I get that first trait @ 34 for the 10% armor I'll probably start investing points into frost and holy.

Frost speeds up regular mythic clears for artifact power each week its also nice to have an AoE stun on a short CD but sometimes I still stay all tank just so I can ignore mechanics.

I would have made your team be all blood elves instead of undead. You are missing out on the glory that is arcane torrent!

For the healer for a trinity setup I would think druid healer or holy priest would work better than shaman or pally healer. If I was committed to a trinity setup I'd drop my pally for a druid. The extra b-rez can't hurt and at least they can do nearly all of their healing on the move since any fight with ranged mechanics would make your healer move often.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    Nice Job Wubsie.

I've been working on my frost DKs a bit as welll. I've given them any frost and extra shadow relics I've come across. I only have 13-14 traits invested into frost. I mainly go 4x frost + holy for LFR it makes the fights go faster than all tank. Frost has had some very nice buffs but I still think blizzard needs to fix their mastery scaling instead of buffing obliterate to keep the spec competitive.
    Cheers Xeneres!

I also pop my tank in to frost for LFR. Mainly just to not have people complain about it + not to mess with aggro. I'm fairly happy with the numbers my frosties are pushing out, although I guess don't really have any kind of frame of reference, as usual DPS rankings rarely apply for boxers.

I made a few frost dk GnomeSequencers. A useful one is to to spend runic power on death strike instead of frost strike if they need some extra healing. Frost has some very good RP gain so you can actually do pretty decent healing but it does cripple your damage a bit.
    I've been meaning to make that kind of a rotation for my frosties, but just always keep forgetting about that. I do agree that it's a handy thing to have, especially with 3/3 of the artifact talent Ice in Your Veins (300% increased Death Strike healing while Pillar of Frost is active). I'll make sure to remind myself to finally create that rotation.

Frost speeds up regular mythic clears for artifact power each week its also nice to have an AoE stun on a short CD but sometimes I still stay all tank just so I can ignore mechanics.

I would have made your team be all blood elves instead of undead. You are missing out on the glory that is arcane torrent!
    I'm finding that with drums+pots I push enough damage to ignore some mechanics, especially since the DK and Monk defensives give me another 10-15 seconds of leeway. For example I randomly got the achievement "Adds? More Like Bads" just tunneling the boss. Don't think any adds had even spawned at that point. Granted that I also often end up with my tank soloing the last 15% or so of the boss when I lapse in concentration and something insta-gibs the other toons.

I chose undead simply for the fear breaker. A PVP utility choise that I am finding I'm regretting slightly since I would much prefer the animations on Orc, Tauren or maybe even Belf.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 11-17-2016 at 04:49 PM Reason: typos