Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Any thoughts on Prot Pally tank, 3x BM hunters and Resto druid for mythic+

I'm working on a few RAF teams and ready to level my next group. I'm considering trying this group comp next. Seems like it would have good mobility for dps and heals, plus strong AOE and single target DPS.

Has anyone tried this comp out in Legion yet? Seems like this would be a fun group to alternate with my all melee team.
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

I wish I could give insight on this as well, in previous expansions it would undoubtedly work. There has been a video of 5x hunter doing regular mythic, and I would assume this build is more stable than that. Just unsure on the scaling. It would come down to how well you can maneuver your additional team. They can avoid anything on the boss / aoe / cleaves, but having them dodge stuff while tanking may be the hardest part.

I do like the idea of the pets doing DPS while you are dodging stuff, it allows for a consistent source of damage when we usually are unable to do so.
    I would also be interested in knowing what the pet dps contributes vs what the hunter does.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

It will provide a challenge as it seems that in Legion the popular mechanic is to constantly toss pools of fire all around the room to dodge/avoid.
    But that is a strong setup.

I have a friend who is currently leveling Dual prot paladin + 3x BM's He is in love with it.

For the most part he has always been partial to the 5x Hunter teams.

I run a lil bit of everything myself. But my WoD teams of Tank/3xHuntes/heals where some of the strongest for 5man content.

Yep, moving the dps and healer out of the pools of fire/muck would be the biggest challenge I can think of so far.

Replacing the druid with 2nd prot paladin sounds like an interesting idea and a fun group if the druid doesn't work out. Both paladins can tank and heal the group with the hunters providing strong single target and aoe dps on the move. If one paladin drops, the other another one can just keep tanking and healing. Plus two lay on hands, bubbles, etc.
    Last edited by Slayde : 11-17-2016 at 03:54 PM

Pets make awesome off tanks also to mitigate even more damage and are easy to rez.

Edit: you can macro growl and turn it on/off as needed.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 11-18-2016 at 03:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    I have a friend who is currently leveling Dual prot paladin + 3x BM's He is in love with it.
    For levelling it will be a blast, but anything difficult can the two Prots cope with healing each other and heal the Hunters, which if hit at all will lose a lot more health fast..

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    For levelling it will be a blast, but anything difficult can the two Prots cope with healing each other and heal the Hunters, which if hit at all will lose a lot more health fast..
    I'm now thinking the same thing. I have a max level pally I can use to experiment with once I get this group leveled up just to see if it is viable. If not, then druid keeps the role.

I was lvling up 5 protection paladins, I personally find them a pain to work with, but I may try it again or go to the prot and 4dks...however that being said I started working awhile ago after my dismal 5 pally attempt 2 druids and 3 bm hunters and this has worked out pretty well so far, 1 guardian druid 1 resto and 3 bms so far I have done just normal dungeons but I am able to eventually get the dungeons completed. The battle rez sure does help too at times, most of the times if I lose the hunters my two druids can usually muscle through to finish off the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    There is a talent that allows concecration to heal all those standing in it. Wont heal being hit by the boss or standing in fire but enough to overcome basic AOE.

Not saying it would keep the hunters alive for sure, but its possible, something to look at.

I'm a bigger fan of using a pally healer instead of the druid.

Beacon of Virtue is incredibly powerful for mythics and very straightforward to use, and with Bestow Hope, Holy Shock and Holy Prism they are decently mobile. It also means the whole team has an immunity; I find this incredibly useful for cheesing certain mechanics I don't want to have to deal with (for example, ignoring the spirits in the transition phase in the first boss of BrH by popping Divine Shield/Turtle just before the explosion).

I've also tried out a Shaman healer, which I love on fights where everyone is stacked up and I hate on fights that involve lots of movement. Unfortunately, that screws over both Odyn and Serpentrix, which are probably the two hardest fights to multibox with this sort of setup.

Your mileage may vary here, but I've also subbed out one of the three BMs in my main team for a Havoc DH. I'm loving the change; I actually find it much easier to manage the "ranged only" mechanics with three ranged party members, rather than four, which offsets the added difficulty of using a melee. What it gives you that the BMs don't is an easy to use 4 second AoE stun for trash packs that is consistently up from pack to pack. If you take Netherwalk, you still get an immunity too.