Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 10-boxing

Default 10-boxing

I decided to give 10-boxing a go with Legion, using 2x parties of five.

First thing I noticed is that the groups will be on different servers or phases occasionally.

For the 10 or more boxers, how do you guarantee your groups are all on the same server?

After some testing, it looks like I can control it by seeing which toons can see each other and then inviting the other toons from those two.
    I seem to only get split while in major cities, so far, haven't experienced while questing, though I have just started with this group.

I have 5-boxed a group to 110 and played them for a month. I did noticed weird occasional phasing/split groups even with 5 so /shrug. dunno.

Yeah even with 5 I occasionally get that, after zoning in and sometimes after flight paths. I log everyone off while in a party together and when they log back in everything is fine again.

I run 8, and the trick is to invite everyone to one big raid group, then disband the group and create two smaller groups. I just made a button for the /jamba-team disband command on my lead character, and two /invite macros for each respective team of 4. Works pretty well.

It seems to only split me up if an area is really busy. It's settled down now that the expansion has been out for a bit, so there's less people in one area. It used to do it to me a lot at the class halls, but not lately. Even in Dalaran, sometimes I'm all in one shard when I hearth.

You can sometimes use this to your advantage, if you are on PvP, if you are surrounded by the other faction on one shard, but not on another, choose the appropriate shard (less enemies if you just want to quest, more enemies if you want to do world pvp)

My 8 are in different phases sometimes after logging in, porting or taking a flightpath. A simple solution is just to invite them all in to a raid to they get placed in to the same phase, then drop the raid and form your parties. Seems they don't get booted out of the phase after leaving the raid group.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Seems they don't get booted out of the phase after leaving the raid group.
    ..and thank God for that!

don't forget about "/jamba-team invitetag <tag>" where you can make two invites sets from your master! no macro needed.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post406772

So i use "/jamba team-invite" (or the keybindings) to invite all my team (this sets to raid and all that fun stuff over 5) then i use jamba disband, and then run my jamba Tag Macro and back to two groups takes next to no time! as automated as your going to get it! and it works so nice if you change team members around a lot like i do!
    Last edited by ebony : 11-14-2016 at 02:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    don't forget about "/jamba-team invitetag <tag>" where you can make two invites sets from your master! no macro needed.
    *snipsnip*
    Ye, I have found this feature incredibly useful. I've setup questing groups with 4 per party so that both groups always get credit for kills (or 2/3 parties will when I add another 4), and class specific groups so I can easily pop all toons of the same class in to their own groups for class order stuff. Granted after doing the quest line they're not as necessary, but were a big help while still on them

Thanks guys, great feedback. Damn, I love this community. Everyone is always so nice and SMAHRT.

I've noticed a few other oddities with the sharding Legiondoes

1. If you get a toy/pet from a quest and try to Learn it x5, bad things happen (seems to cause crazy phasing issues, had to relog)
    2. Trying to learn a pet/toy on one account leads to weird sharding issues too
    3. Occasionally, Jamba won't be able to communicate with 1 toon even though everyone can see him. /shrug. Relog usually fixes it.