Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Best way to gear up

Hi,

What is the best way to gear up a new team (5 paladins)
    or get gold so you can buy crafted gear from ah

Quest. Work on the Legion pathfinder questlines (all storyline quests in the zones). Do world quests. Kill the elite world quest bosses; blue or purple can still drop 860+ when Titanforged triggers. Finish your artifact questline to open the third relic slot.

I'm lazy (and busy with work lately) and I'm 840ish on mine now with no heroics, no raids, no mythics done.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

There are usually 2-4 world quests that will give good gear, sometimes 830+ items.

I've see a couple that will give 845+ and I get lucky with a titan forged and end up with a 875 item.

Aside from that, finish your class order campaign and unlock your class order pieces.

I think the World Quests give gear based on your item level, they start out like 810 and up to 845+ as your item level increases. Timewalking is currently giving 820 gear.

I wouldn't buy crafted gear from AH, save your gold for tokens. You should have no trouble reaching 840 in a week just from world quests if you pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I think the World Quests give gear based on your item level, they start out like 810 and up to 845+ as your item level increases.
    This is definitely the case. I'm up to 850-862 ilvl on my characters from just doing world quests, world bosses, LFR and a miniscule amount of mythic dungeons and all my world quests for gear (apart from PVP ones) offer 840 or 845 items. Haven't seen one below that for a while. Class order gear can be an OK place holder if you're just not getting the drops you need, but you end up throwing a lot of order resources at them just to eventually lose the set bonuses, which were the big draw on them for me atleast.

I'll dabble more with mythics for gear from now on while doing any decent world quests I get, but I'm not too hopeful since my trinity setup is very prone to getting blown up by mechanics and my monk's healing still seems lackluster...
    Last edited by Wubsie : 11-13-2016 at 12:41 PM

If you craft some gear, dont thorw it away when replacing it, it will be a good investment for when they bump up the max item level you can oblit it to.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer