Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Default 7.1 Legendary bad-luck save is active

I've opened 8 legendaries in the two weeks since 7.1 hit. Before that, a mere 3.

Let me tell you... The Haste-->Speed boots are ridiculously good. As soon as they add a way to get specific legendaries I'll gladly shard every other one I have to give all my team these boots.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I have managed to get 4 total. 3 are from world bosses and 1 today from an emissary cache. 1 each on 4 toons and nothing on the last.

I don't think there is bad luck protection involved. I play a lot, lots and lots, and its just the more you play the better your chances. Plus maybe a bug that effects some people and they get lots of them. Blizzard says the bug is fixed, but they suck at math so probably still have a decimal point in the wrong place somewhere.

A real bad luck prevention setup would invoke something like "this person has been playing 24/7 since release and still hasn't seen a legendary, next drop will be a legendary"

Some sort of threshold. Also, did they ever say if the legendary/bad luck prevention is on a per-account basis or Battle-net basis?

I assume on a per character basis, but you never know.

I got three at the end of a two chest mythic+ DHT run. Now all my paladins have one.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I think it has more to do with the increase in difficulty in heroics/mythics soon.

I shut down back in the beginning of October. My usual post-launch lull has hit and I'm playing other games. Before that though I got one legendary from an emissary cache on my MW. After grinding caches on all 5 from launch to start of October. It's luck yeah but some have better luck than others.

They said at Blizzcon that the bad-luck protection went active with 7.1

I still don't have any characters with two, but I'm now at 12/20 characters with one.

I had another drop, thats one last week and four this week. All on different toons, and all different legendaries. As with OP its certainly looking like bad luck protection kicked in for me. Just RNG doesn't seem to explain it very well.

I wonder if /played time factors into it, maybe we should AFK while we're at work to increase it.

I'm now at 14/20, but four of them are the f'ing shield necklaces. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I'm now at 14/20, but four of them are the f'ing shield necklaces. Sigh.
    Those are probably best just for jumping off cliffs absorbing fall damage doing world quests.