Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: DHT - Dresaron

Default DHT - Dresaron

Hi - I've been having issues with Dresaron. Do any of you with more experience in DHT have any tips?

I've been thinking of parking my slaves near the wall, so the backdraft wont put them out of range, but it seems the damage from the eggs/hatchlings are pretty heavy on Mythic(+)?
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Hey!

What setup are you using?
    In mythic+ I would not step on the eggs more than necessary, and then I have a team with 5 tanks. Having a healer or vulnerable dps step on eggs could probably lead to hatchlings killing that character.

As a melee team, when backdraft hits I just position my team so that they have a lot of room to get pushed back to without having any eggs in that direction. While running towards the boss against the wind, I can continue some dps and all healing.

If you are using a team with a healer that requires standing still to heal, I guess it counts as standing still if you are not moving towards the wind, and are being pushed back?
    If that is the case, my tip would be to just position the team so they have a lot of ground to clear before hitting any eggs. And then do whatever you have to for keeping the team alive and fighting the push back at the same time. Dealing with the hatchlings seems troublesome, especially if you only are not a team made up of tanks.
    Also I' think the eggs respawn, so being in that area longer periods would mean having a bunch of whelps constantly.

Those of us Paladin tank teams who use the correct tier one talent ( blessed hammer ) just ignore the eggs ( JK btw ). Seriously though, I have never had an issue with the eggs.. i don't completely ignore them, but I don't worry about them either..blessed hammer takes care of it for me. I concentrate on NOT getting the breath attack in my face. But the spinning hammers of destruction make short work of the little dragons that spawn from the eggs.

If your not a tank team.. not sure 8(
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I've been running two different trinity teams, here's how I do it.

Get the followers on auto-follow and run up to him to pull. Tank him in the middle of the room. Break auto-follow while the followers are in melee range, then move the tank to the side, so that the breath doesn't hit everybody.

When the Downdraft happens, I hit my follow button and run towards the boss. As long as the toons are close to the boss, the autofollow is enough to keep them away from the eggs, assuming the tank is running into the centre of the boss' hitbox. Honestly, I don't have a strategy for "what to do if whelps spawn", because none ever do.

Its worth mentioning, if you weren't aware, that the closer you are to the boss, the less pushback downdraft does, hence melee range.

The tricky bit is managing the falling rocks from the roar. I've got a hotkey set up so that I can strafe all my followers at once, without moving the tank. As soon as the roar goes off, I hold this hotkey down to get them out of there. You don't want them all taking more than a tick or so. If I'm sluggish, I use damage immunities (Aspect of the Turtle, Divine Shield, Blessings) and healing cooldowns to survive it. Worst case scenario, this is definately the fight I'm going to burn my CRs on.

The only thing that ever goes wrong for me is the rocks; if the entire team is sat in melee range of the boss, the downdraft is never an issue. I definitely save Heroism for this boss, as its the only boss in here with an "oops I screwed up and now eveybody's dead" moment to kill a keystone run. The faster he goes down, the fewer Roars I have to negotiate, the fewer breaths I have to point away, the less chance I'm going to lose concentration and mess up.

Happily done this with a Paladin/RestoShaman/BM Hunter x3 team and a Ven DH/Holy Pala/Frost Mage/Shadow Priest/Havoc Dh team.
    Last edited by RedSorc : 11-14-2016 at 01:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RedSorc View Post
    I've been running two different trinity teams, here's how I do it.

Get the followers on auto-follow and run up to him to pull. Tank him in the middle of the room. Break auto-follow while the followers are in melee range, then move the tank to the side, so that the breath doesn't hit everybody.

When the Downdraft happens, I hit my follow button and run towards the boss. As long as the toons are close to the boss, the autofollow is enough to keep them away from the eggs, assuming the tank is running into the centre of the boss' hitbox. Honestly, I don't have a strategy for "what to do if whelps spawn", because none ever do.

Its worth mentioning, if you weren't aware, that the closer you are to the boss, the less pushback downdraft does, hence melee range.

The tricky bit is managing the falling rocks from the roar. I've got a hotkey set up so that I can strafe all my followers at once, without moving the tank. As soon as the roar goes off, I hold this hotkey down to get them out of there. You don't want them all taking more than a tick or so. If I'm sluggish, I use damage immunities (Aspect of the Turtle, Divine Shield, Blessings) and healing cooldowns to survive it. Worst case scenario, this is definately the fight I'm going to burn my CRs on.

The only thing that ever goes wrong for me is the rocks; if the entire team is sat in melee range of the boss, the downdraft is never an issue. I definitely save Heroism for this boss, as its the only boss in here with an "oops I screwed up and now eveybody's dead" moment to kill a keystone run. The faster he goes down, the fewer Roars I have to negotiate, the fewer breaths I have to point away, the less chance I'm going to lose concentration and mess up.

Happily done this with a Paladin/RestoShaman/BM Hunter x3 team and a Ven DH/Holy Pala/Frost Mage/Shadow Priest/Havoc Dh team.
    Nice first post! and very happy to see someone doing trinity team!

If you are doing mythic+ can you skip this guy and still get loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    If you are doing mythic+ can you skip this guy and still get loot?
    No.. have to kill him on M+

Thanks. And damn! I was enjoying being able to skip him. I keep making a hash of getting out of the way of the falling rocks quickly.

I found for me at least the trick is to never stop moving, i run with 5 guardian druids and am able to kill this guy with little worry as long as i am always moving around him, his breath locks in place so you can move out quickly if you have timers and move ahead of time, As well as the earth shattering roar

Quote Originally Posted by Nezreck View Post
    I found for me at least the trick is to never stop moving, i run with 5 guardian druids and am able to kill this guy with little worry as long as i am always moving around him, his breath locks in place so you can move out quickly if you have timers and move ahead of time, As well as the earth shattering roar
    How are 5 Bears working out?