Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: DHT - Dresaron

Just adding my take on this boss with a x5 hunter team.

This boss is hardly ever a problem if you have at least medium to high dps. If you take Dresaron down fast enough he will often start doing the push back, delaying the first / upcoming falling rocks. Also if we are lucky the falling rocks seem to have the chance to target the location of any of your pets instead of a character, nullifying that occurrence.
    Even if you are not lucky and have them spawn on the team, a hunter team should have no problem to quickly disengage, or already be moving when it comes.
    And we have the self heal / Shell to recover if the hp starts dropping.

In the case where your pets step on some eggs and spawn dragons, just be quick with firing a multishot to make your pets cleave and at least aggro them. If they reach the hunters before you get it off just Feign.

The push back and staying out of breath is no problem for the hunter team, since it's very mobile and moving doesn't even affect dps output.

This is one of those fights that I ultimately asked for assistance in making an Interact with Target enable/disable hotkey. Which has been amazing for a lot of boss fights, I'll turn it off for this particular one.

Run in and taunt with tank to pull the dragon near the middle, and engage - the melees will stop and break follow once in range. Flip the dragon around and go to town popping cooldowns.

If the rocks fall on the tank it's an easy reposition, if they fall on the melee I spam follow to get them to the tank, and then flip the dragon from there.

For down draft you can either go easy mode of toggling IWT back on, or spam /follow. You may spend an extra second or two getting your clump of characters nice and orderly to repeat the first steps.

This information may be repeated, but after "figuring out" the fight, I'm able to dps 100% of the time and kill times have gone way down and survivability up.
    It's one of the early mechanical fights to this expansion.
    There are other fights still working on that require better movement.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    You may spend an extra second or two getting your clump of characters nice and orderly to repeat the first steps.
    I think this is the real bit that messes me up and it's not just on this boss. Any time my chars get knocked all over the place I struggle to recover quickly. With Dresaron I've got better and can do him ok now. Still am prone to messing up and ruining a M+ run I think though.
    Same applies to things like first boss in BRH If I'm too slow and don't get out the way of the scythe my chars get knocked about and I struggle to get organized again. Last boss in HoV too the swords are what does me in.
    I think a few more traits might help too though. I've no points in faiths armor for example which might give me a bit more time to recover. I've got 10 more points to spend before I can then get the bonus trait 10% armor too.

I struggled as well with those exact same situations,. and I'd say I still haven't perfected it. I do like it though as it adds a further skill barrier which is able to be overcome with practice.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    How are 5 Bears working out?
    not bad at all actually, i first started out as Balance and it was ok but had issues with my toons falling out of sync with different levels of haste and Fullmoon cast time etc, So it was not very efficient. But the bears are pretty solid, the only thing so far i have not been able to do is serpentrix :P for he is a big jerk haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    If you are doing mythic+ can you skip this guy and still get loot?

Sorry for the necro but this doesn't deserve a new thread.. how can this boss be skipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpete View Post
    Sorry for the necro but this doesn't deserve a new thread.. how can this boss be skipped?
    There are 2 routes inside the dungeon, one of which goes straight from the 2nd boss to the last one, essentially "skipping" Dresaron. For mythic+, clearing all the bosses is a requirement, so while you can get to the last boss, you can not actually finish the run without killing Dresaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    There are 2 routes inside the dungeon, one of which goes straight from the 2nd boss to the last one, essentially "skipping" Dresaron. For mythic+, clearing all the bosses is a requirement, so while you can get to the last boss, you can not actually finish the run without killing Dresaron.
    Holy smokes.. I always wondered if that other path was actually a route but I never went on it. : l

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I learned this the hard way! I had to leave the instance and run back in.. just made the timer for one chest!..should have been a two or three ( wa my first run of mythic+ awhile ago )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

If he's all the way back by his spawn point when he does the knockback it usually doesn't push your team back into the eggs. There is a distance limit on it. I have gamed it a few times but on teeming I think it was impossible (more eggs laying around). =/