Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default KeyClone; Is it still being developed or supported?

I recently rediscovered my love of WOW (Vanilla WOW specifically) and would like to try multi-boxing.

I've heard Keyclone is the best program for applying keystrokes to all open clients and decided to check it out at the Solid Ice website.

Sadly, there is no trial so I'm unable to test the program but what gave me pause was the google ads on the site (unprofessional). The state of the forum was also disconcerting; no new posts since 2015 and many of these have no replies at all from the developers. What was more troubling was both attempts to register on the website led me to a 404 error (and still no confirmation e-mail as of this posting).

This begs the question: Is KeyClone still being developed/supported by the authors or has it been abandoned?

Isboxer (.)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I'll just point out that discussion of private realms is prohibited here.

As far as KeyClone, I believe it has been more or less abandoned. I bought a license for it a while back just to try and run it under Linux for funsies, and never ended up getting it to work on Win10 either. I'll join Lyonheart in saying that if you're willing to pay for software, ISBoxer is definitely the way to go. It's just the hands down best around and to my knowledge the only one in active development. I'll also add that Pwnboxer has gone the same route as KC, and I highly recommend not spending your money on them as there are no guarantees of receiving your license, or the software even functioning anymore.

If you want a free alternative, I would go with HotKeyNet. It requires some scripting, but it's easy to get going with utilizing sample scripts and still does the job perfectly adequately. Just doesn't have the cool functionalities or user friendliness ISBoxer does.

Thanks for the reply.

One of the reasons I was considering KeyClone is the simple need to apply keystrokes to multiple clients and it is supposedly the easiest program to do this with - it is also WOW client agnostic so it works on anything regardless of the version launched. That's really disappointing to hear that it has been abandoned.

ISOBoxer looks cool but appears to be a much more complex than what I had in mind as I only have one monitor. The subscription model also does not make sense for me given that I do not require the retail client.

I'll give HotKeyNet a try.

Thanks.

My keyclone is still working but I am unable to get a new licence and yea no support for if it breaks, its been abandoned. Sorry man
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Blog Entries

I haven't seen Rob/Keyclone active on facebook in a while.
    He was in the Zerg, on US Horde Magtheridon, but I'm not sure if he's there still, or even active.

He had contact information on his site.
    www.solidice.com/keyclone
    And was very good at support, too.

If you're willing to play around with HKN, it can do almost anything IS Boxer can.
    Or at least could, when I played.
    HKN is using a basic script, adding to it, modifying it, asking how can I have it do this.
    It is experimentation and adaption over time, which can be a game in itself.

IS Boxer had some very useful features, that nothing else had, and Lax is constantly adding new things; it's the only one that seems to be under new development... plus the isboxer.com site has a chat option with users of the program who can give faster (volunteer) support than other options.
    The viewer screens, where you have a window into other screens/windows on your main window... were very nice.

IS Boxer has the wizard, where you click a few options, and it does a variety of game specific configurations, based on your input.
    So you can choose the desired window layout, and basic stuff for most of the common games.
    It sets up the FTL based assist, which can be a real hassle with macros made by yourself, but is extremely nice once set up.
    Lots of support and ongoing feature development, often as a result of... Lax I'd like to be able to... is an enormous selling point in its' favor.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa