Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: 7.1.5 and 7.2

I think it might suck to be a protection warrior right now. Here are possible changes coming in 7.1.5

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=14#post-268

While he makes the post sound good, if you read between the lines they are removing focused rage and devastate now, and you wont be able spam revenge anymore just to use it when its available. Less buttons to press overall but you'll need to micromanage them.

Another nerf on the PTR, hope it doesn't go live.

It looks like they are trying to fix the iLevel issue, where a low iLevel item might be an upgrade over a high iLevel item if it has the secondary stats your class favors.

So they are nerfing all the secondary stats, making your primary stat more powerful. So now a higher iLevel item will be an upgrade. Unless its a ring or a neck which lacks primary stats.

They are going to have to buff something else to balance things. Hope they get it worked out.

I've decided to take a break from the game at least until 7.1.5 or 7.2 comes out and have unsubscribed for the time being.

I'm getting bored doing the repetitive and boring world quests, emissary quests and Mythic+ dungeons over and over each week. I'm also frustrated with the legendary system.

I'm not happy with the changes that have come up lately on the PTR. I don't like how they are doing some pretty big nerfs to make less popular talents more attractive they are nerfing the only "good" talent choices.

They apologized for their lack of communication and said they will do better. DKs have nearly 3 post capped threads and we don't get acknowledgement and comments on our very constructive feedback that has been ongoing since the alpha for all 3 specs but god forbid if mages have any type of issues they almost instantly get an blue post.

I understand why they had to nerf the secondary stat scaling as some of us already have stat %s as high as the end of WoD and we haven't even had the first tier set yet! It just sucks because how are they going to come back to us and say sorry we have to nerf everyone's damage via secondary stats because we didn't intend for everyone to scale this high. Didn't we have a fairly long alpha and beta during one of the worst content droughts in this games history because they want to make sure legion is great. If they don't nerf the dungeons and raids by a comparable amount then we will all feel weaker and wont be the same until we are all 10-15 item levels higher than we currently are. Also some classes value secondary stats less than others so this will lead to a new Pandoras box of balancing issues, stat priority changes and quality of life issues that people have gotten used to with certain stat breakpoints.

An example:

They are making rapid decomposition go from making DnD tick 50% faster and giving you 15% more runic power while in DnD to...

Making it do a whole 15% faster ticks and a whole 1 runic power per second while you are standing in DnD... It ticking faster is the same as a flat % damage increase.

As you are in your DnD nearly 100% of the time (crimson scourge procs) while you are tanking (unless you have to move) this is a significant nerf to blood dks both in damage and in self-healing and mitigation.

They are also nerfing the extra runic power gain on heartstrike by 33% which combined with the above nerf to rapid decomp will make it more difficult to build runic power to use bonestorm and to deathstrike as often as you can.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 12-01-2016 at 06:04 PM

Yea, I also feel the changes coming in 7.1.5 are way too big for a patch and is going to wreck a lot of people's playstyles and gearing.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

I'm also getting a bit bored of doing world quests and also doing a lot of m+ every week. (Even if I have my 5 hunters to switch it up).
    I will not unsubscribe, but I will probably not do any more world quests. And for m+, I'll maybe try to get the weekly chest for both my teams, and the Artifact research I will keep going. I still have one recording which needs to be edited, after that it may be a break from me posting videos.

I don't feel that there is something wrong or anything about the current content considering My team setups (well except the RNG of legendaries). I really picked 2 teams which ended up to just work for boxers. I was especially surprised that hunters obviously did not lose their pet tank or the ability to just nuke a boss before any mechanics kick in. Some m+2/3 bosses have died within 25 secs during hero which is ridiculous. The scale up of base mythic and m+ will be interesting.
    I'm also looking forward to getting flying in the future, might make world quests a bit more endurable.

Anyway things as they are now have just come to the level where it's boring, and I'd rather do other things. For example I've recently started climbing/bouldering which I found surprisingly fun.

Either way we appreciate the insight. WoW takes a good grip hold for a solid 2-3 months, if your playtime is limited it lasts longer. Otherwise its just like anything else and a mini break or sometimes long break refreshes the content.

I had not played since the beginning of MoP, and came back last month and absolutely loved doing every single dungeon from 15-100 and now working on the new ones. The polish in this game compared to others is amazing and it's nice to appreciate it.
    That said, multiboxing is what makes me love it the most.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Either way we appreciate the insight. WoW takes a good grip hold for a solid 2-3 months, if your playtime is limited it lasts longer. Otherwise its just like anything else and a mini break or sometimes long break refreshes the content.

I had not played since the beginning of MoP, and came back last month and absolutely loved doing every single dungeon from 15-100 and now working on the new ones. The polish in this game compared to others is amazing and it's nice to appreciate it.
    So much this. I'm lucky that I work shift and long hours so I have a forced 5 day break every rotation then I get 5 days of playing, makes the boredom hard to seep in and I'm just enjoying progressing my team and pushing it higher. Then for the challenging content I switch to solo tank play. I do also play other games too, silent hunter, path of exile, league of legends, no reason to only play wow and burn out :P
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

if your playtime is limited it lasts longer.
    Agreed on both points.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Agreed on both points.

Ditto!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I put my team on ice for pretty much same reasons. Into October I had one character of five with a legendary and not even a great one. World quests are insanely boring, too.

I hit the same bust cycle with every expansion. I play the questing bit and then a little of the grind until it forces me to quit 5 boxing. Then I disappear for a few months and come back to do 2s or 3s arena.

Same deal this time. Probably come January I'll be back to grind up a 3s team.

I feel like the game could be great but every expansion they roll out the same daily fest in just another form. Play style is very rigid with time gated rewards like dailies. If you don't do the dailies you always fall behind. This no doubt hurts the longevity of the game.

I also concur that multiboxing is the cherry on top. If not for multiboxing this experience would be incredibly average at best. But per usual doing 2s and 3s is actually very fun. Even if it sucks to lose a lot of games =D.