Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: 7.1.5 and 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Heres the question is flying just going to be for those 12 toons or are they going to allow it for the whole bnet account? So this way all 8 accounts can use it.

bnet
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Ohhhh even more reason to do this. I still have yet to have done the whole wod flying i need to accomplish that as well for all my other accounts to get thru there. Even tho i hate wod content so lackluster.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Just read this from mmo-champion.com

• This Tuesday all legendary items will have their item level increased by 15, so they will all be item level 910.
    Nice!

Some interesting notes from the PTR as posted by mmo-champion.com

• Tank damage is too high in dungeons but solving that is a challenge, as that is tied to their AoE damage.

• Gorefiend's Grasp Shadowy tendrils coil around all enemies within 20 yards of a hostile or friendly target, pulling them to the target's location. Death Knight - Blood Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown. 2 min cooldown.

Blood) Blood Boil now deals full damage in PvP (was reduced).

• Developers’ Notes: Frost Death Knight damage continues to be higher than we’d like following the changes in Patch 7.1. For Blood, we no longer feel the damage reduction on Blood Boil is necessary. We plan to make a broader set of changes for them (and other tanks) in Patch 7.1.5.

(Blood) The Hungering Maw now increases the player's Armor by 10%, then increases by 1% for every additional point put into the Infinite Progression Artifact Trait.

First one has me worried that we will see a tank damage nerf in the future, again.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Some interesting notes from the PTR as posted by mmo-champion.com

• Tank damage is too high in dungeons but solving that is a challenge, as that is tied to their AoE damage.
    All I want to do is have a team I enjoy playing and run dungeons and stuff. But I cant if they keep nerfing things.

I'm not going through all that leveling a third time. If I cant run my 5x pally team anymore I'm just going back to Rift.

i have no clue of what tank DPS they are talking about, on heavy AOE DPS can break 1.2m DPS with ease, while a tank can barely break 700k. on single target,and cheesing you cant do more than 200k DPS and that's when you are over 880ilvl at the same ilvl DPS can do 500k sustained. if you consider burst, well then tanks are a joke, DPS can do SO MUCH damage that they will actually pull from you unless you use the TPS multiplier from taunt.

the only situation where tanks can do crazy DPS is when you are 880ilvl and join a heroic for the daily ap and bag. you usually get paired with a bunch of fresh 110s who can barely break 100kdps. and given that mobs cant even scrach me i just chain pull all the trash up to the boss and AOE.

nah, there's no reason to nerf tanks, at all. they were probably answering some casuals question who probably only does heroics. screw them.

as far as the new legendaries, they look pretty nice on paper, but on practice they are crap. we don't need the extra survival, not at all. only on 6+ do we get to the point where we cant just ignore mechanics, and so we can just do them... instead of wasting slots with survival legendaries.

the chain legendary looks nice because it gives us more burst damage... and that's all. and of the trinks one is a massive shield we don't really need (prots have way too many panic buttons as it is.) and a heal thats a joke. the one that looks pretty nice is Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish... BUT im sure we will have to loot as DSP to get it... which means that the pool of potential legendaries will be HUGE. (i don't have ANY of the ret legendaries.)

the haste ring looks pretty, but something tells they will either nerf it, or make it DPS only.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post
    i have no clue of what tank DPS they are talking about, on heavy AOE DPS can break 1.2m DPS with ease, while a tank can barely break 700k. on single target,and cheesing you cant do more than 200k DPS and that's when you are over 880ilvl at the same ilvl DPS can do 500k sustained. if you consider burst, well then tanks are a joke, DPS can do SO MUCH damage that they will actually pull from you unless you use the TPS multiplier from taunt.

the only situation where tanks can do crazy DPS is when you are 880ilvl and join a heroic for the daily ap and bag. you usually get paired with a bunch of fresh 110s who can barely break 100kdps. and given that mobs cant even scrach me i just chain pull all the trash up to the boss and AOE.

nah, there's no reason to nerf tanks, at all. they were probably answering some casuals question who probably only does heroics. screw them.
    I'm confused as well. Based on my experience with a friend's DPS characters, he will outdamage my entire paladin team depending on what we're doing. Makes me wonder what the design intent is. We were here back in WotLK, then they nerfed all-paladin groups into the dirt when the Dance Dance Fever expansion came out.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

There are a lot of new strings concerning WoW Tokens in 7.1.5 and currently it seems like that you could use token to increase your Battle.net balance for buying another Battle.net services (name/race changes etc), or possibly even games and expansions, with tokens.

Expecting the gold priced tokens skyrocket on confirmation though. IMO they should ease up on the 36 tokens/24 months limit if they take this any further

Speculation @ reddit

I'm not too excited about the prospect of another tank nerf.

I think the previous 10% across the board was an extremely lazy nerf effort on blizzards part. It did not affect all tanks equally. It was compounded on tanks like Blood DKs and Demon Hunters as it also double dipped and nerfed their self healing via their leech abilities.

Honestly, the issues with blood DKs doing so much damage in AoE is mostly blizzards fault with tuning and balancing. DKs are stacking haste to stupid high levels because mastery is a useless stat. It may absorb a whole 1/3rd of a bosses auto attack! This is causing them to need to push out as many self healing abilities and leech abilities as possible to survive difficult content whereas the other tank classes have plenty of proactive mitigation abilities. I don't think its such a big deal that DKs do a bit more damage than the other tanks when they take by far the most damage.

Tanks have been doing good damage for several expansions now, especially in dungeons. I'm not sure why they are so up in arms about it this expansion. I thought an expansion or two ago they wanted tanks damage to be meaningful but just that it would not surpass damage dealers, which it does not if the damage dealer and tank are on equal ilevel and skill. I remember when threat was made a non-factor that tank skill was determined by how much damage they could do and also how well they could time their active mitigation abilities and cool downs to smooth their damage intake and of course how well they survive mechanics.

My guys now do about 200-250k single target on 3-5 minute fights while flasked around 870 ilevel. For most Mythic+ and Karazhan bosses they end up around 250-300k as the fights are shorter vs something like LFR bosses (not because they are hard but because most people in lfr do low damage so the fights take longer!). They can burst for 400-500k single target with cds rolling (paladin included) and if I also use a combat potion. Similarly geared DPS classes do at least 30-50% more than that.

On AoE with lower level mythic+, regular mythic and heroics and 8-10+ mobs that wont die very quickly my DKs can easily do over 1-1.5 million dps but this is using every CD in my toolkit.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-18-2016 at 05:28 PM

Yea, from what I have seen, tanks do not need a nerf, people just need to raise their skill. Seeing so many dps people pulling horrible dps while geared at 860-870. Its not tanks dmg is too high, its that the dpsers arent squeezing out everythign they can
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer