Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default DCs when alt-tabbing out

If i alt atb out of WoW for any length of time, i start getting random DCs. One to all of my guys will eventually DC if i alt atb out. not always right away, sometimes a few minutes later.. but I have been testing it for weeks now and it happens 100% of the time. If i never alt-tab out.. i never DC.

Another thing..when this started happening, i thought I would just use my laptop to look things up etc.. but when using my laptop while playing WoW on my main PC, it causes the same DCs as if I'm alt tabbing out. SO i cant do anything else on the internet while playing WoW or it makes me DC.

Just looking for ideas on how to solve this. Seems to be a network issue? It sucks not being able to look stuff up while playing. Especially when I'm trying to figure out how to beat bosses, for example.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

If you run "ping -t google.com" in a command prompt window on your PC and then start using your laptop, does your PC start seeing packet loss?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I have had so much hassle, but for me it was within wow.. getting dc'd all the time especially in dungeons.. I disabled "optimize network for speed" in the wow settings and have been fine since. I had zero issues prior to patch 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I have had so much hassle, but for me it was within wow.. getting dc'd all the time especially in dungeons.. I disabled "optimize network for speed" in the wow settings and have been fine since. I had zero issues prior to patch 7.1

ill have to try that as well..thx!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )