Close
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41

    Default

    I started after the nerf for sure I didnt experience this crazy consecration heals myself as I've seen in Davidmage videos from early mythics

  2. #42
    Member valkry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Hedland, Australia
    Posts
    1908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bzyta View Post
    I started after the nerf for sure I didnt experience this crazy consecration heals myself as I've seen in Davidmage videos from early mythics
    Was light of the protector that got nerfed, consecrate heals have stayed the same I'm pretty sure.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer


  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Was light of the protector that got nerfed, consecrate heals have stayed the same I'm pretty sure.
    It has probably been a couple of changes since release. But the biggest nerf was for sure the LotP. You could pretty much fully heal the whole team on each cast

  4. #44

    Default

    Huh. I might have a chance at it. I only have one Pally below 840 at 836. The rest are 840-844. I could make/buy come crafted stuff to bump that, too.


    From the early posts in this thread I get the impression that Maw of Souls and Darkheart Thicket are considered the easiest?


    Byzta, I was looking at your Darkheart Thicket +8 video again and wondering what the addon is in the lower right, right above your DPS meter, that is tracking the time and mobs killed. I notice that your Jamba is also tracking the mobs, but personally haven't noticed mine doing this when I've done a few Mythics with other people (perhaps I didn't scroll down. I always have a ton of quests on all my toons).
    <Playing with Myself> - Whisperwind

    5x of each class @110

    "Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

  5. #45

    Default

    At your gear level it should be technically possible, and no problem when you have learned to do the encounter mechanics. DHT and MoS are easy for 5 paladins yeah.
    I've done DHT level 9 (getting close to a 100% dmg increase there) at around 860-863ish. These 2 instances don't have any complicated boss mechanics which are hard to deal with as a boxer. Last boss in MoS took me a while to learn to not fall down with slaves into the holes. Dresaron in DHT you might want to use steeds to move out of the falling rocks asap, or blow a cooldown. But that's about it.

  6. #46

    Default

    I have done both MoS and DHT at ilvl 835-840 as 5 paladins, currently at about 847 ish avg.
    This is with 1 prot / 4 ret, and 5 prot. It isn't too bad, just have to learn the mechanics.

    Only crazy part is dealing with Soulfiend Tagerma (sp?) who is randomly up in MoS as a mini boss, super bugged fight.
    Bleeding Hollow - Horde

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    I have done both MoS and DHT at ilvl 835-840 as 5 paladins, currently at about 847 ish avg.
    This is with 1 prot / 4 ret, and 5 prot. It isn't too bad, just have to learn the mechanics.

    Only crazy part is dealing with Soulfiend Tagerma (sp?) who is randomly up in MoS as a mini boss, super bugged fight.
    I think the random bosses are only up if there is a WQ for that dungon at the time.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

  8. #48

    Default

    Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'll try and get one done this weekend. I got some good gear yesterday from WQ and a Heroic MoS (including the team's first Legendary), which bumped them up to 840-851.
    <Playing with Myself> - Whisperwind

    5x of each class @110

    "Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 0013 View Post
    Huh. I might have a chance at it. I only have one Pally below 840 at 836. The rest are 840-844. I could make/buy come crafted stuff to bump that, too.


    From the early posts in this thread I get the impression that Maw of Souls and Darkheart Thicket are considered the easiest?


    Byzta, I was looking at your Darkheart Thicket +8 video again and wondering what the addon is in the lower right, right above your DPS meter, that is tracking the time and mobs killed. I notice that your Jamba is also tracking the mobs, but personally haven't noticed mine doing this when I've done a few Mythics with other people (perhaps I didn't scroll down. I always have a ton of quests on all my toons).
    Its addon called GottaGoFast that you're talking about.

    MoS is the best dungeon to get for sure, thats why everyone are looking for keys to boost people so they can farm easy AP that way. Darkheart Ticket is easy too what I find hard sometimes are the flowers before 2nd boss the trash packs sometimes they spawn mushroom under your feet and if you pull too many of them you will get stuck and die if you dont have divine shield or so other big cds. Also I always kill too much trash there for kill count, could've skipped some more but I dont which packs and some as a boxer I cant I guess.

  10. #50

    Default

    Side note for Paladins, my goal was to do 4 Rets and 1 Prot, and at Ilvl 840-845 I could do Maw of Souls +2 and barely finish within the timer, biggest problem though is dps.
    You use Divine storm instead of Templars Verdict, so you sacrifice so much single target damage that through my testing a Prot Paladin team basically does the same exact dps (more so on trash). It didn't feel like I was gaining enough to offset the different. I would compare kill times on Boss fights and the ret team would usually finish 4-7 seconds faster.
    Looking at different options now, and potentially using a Holy Paladin instead. The second issue with Ret is that their DPS seems to be burst based and not very good sustained. Looking at warcraftlogs of top tier paladins and their fights, Only when they pop their wings does the dps look great, otherwise it drops into low levels compared to other classes.
    I am working on getting a few enhancement shaman as their rotation seems to be easier to hit close to 100% efficiency, and they provide a solid sustained dps throughout the fight.

    The biggest pro's though for the Ret team is Blessing of Kings, at my Ilvl you place 4 Kings on your Tank and 2 on each DPS. This gives about an 8% shield absorb for the tank and 4-5% for each ret. It refreshes to full power every 6 seconds. It's truly a massive mitigation of most random damage thrown at you and that combined with Divine storm I can do an entire dungeon without having to heal at all. Word of Glory is used in those emergency situations, but it just further reduces your overall dps.
    Bleeding Hollow - Horde

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •