Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Returning Boxer... Looking for Group advice

Hi all,

After a 15 month absence, I’ve been sucked back into Multiboxing WOW. I’m looking to get back into it with a PVE team.

So need some advice on group composition:

I have the following toons available on my accounts but I’m not sure which to go with, so some advice from you guys (& girls ) that have boxed Legion dungeons.

I have the following available on the accounts, (but still have 5x lvl 100 boosts if changes need to be made)

(all Lvl 100)
    Account 1: Hunter (BM)
    Account 2: Hunter (BM)
    Account 3: Hunter (BM)
    Account 4: Paladin (Prot/Holy) Shaman (Ele/Resto)
    Account 5: Death Knight (Blood) Shaman (Ele/ Resto)

So not sure on the best combo

Pally (Prot), Shaman (Resto) & 3x Hunter (BM)
    DK (Blood) Shaman (Resto) & 3x Hunter (BM)
    DK (Blood), Paladin (Holy) 3x Hunter (BM)

I’m only looking to run 1 team, as I’ve basically wasted far too much time in the past leveling multiple groups and not concentrated on one group, So any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Mike.

The hard thing about composition question is that unless someone happens to be running the exact same comp, it's very hard to estimate the viability.

That being said, I honestly don't think any of those compositions would be too problematic. BM Hunter should be basically as reliable as you'll find with ranged DPS. Pally and DK are the current top tanks so there the question is mainly one of preferene on the utility and feel of the spec. For healers I think both Pally and Shaman should do fine. They have fairly strong cooldowns, some nice utility and should not be at all hard set up for a pro-configuration.

Personally I'm a big believer in playing the classes and specs you like over what might be the "best" composition for my overall enjoyment of the game. Not sure that applies to everyone, but I think it's a worthwhile consideration.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 12-20-2016 at 02:11 PM

The order hall is something that returning players might not consider when creating their team composition. The order hall would be a real pain the more different classes you use. I only have 1 team at 110, paladin + 4 DKs and I found it really annoying splitting my time between 2 different order hall quest lines. Plus the paladin order hall is so much easier to navigate than the DK order hall with the stupid teleport. Half the things you use frequently are split between the 2 different levels, recruits, artifact forge, mission map, repair/gear vendor, etc. The paladin/DK team is manageable, but I'd hate to have 3 or 4 different classes.
    Last edited by Dezeral : 12-21-2016 at 03:16 PM

Agreed, I had no idea what people were mentioning with the order hall thing. Then after leveling up my team, luckily all the same class - it made it a much smoother experience, while still frustrating though having to do scenario's 1 by 1, ending up doing the same 30+ min run 5 times.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

still got to look at the mechanics, and setup ISBoxer properly, but dusted off what i think might be my team
    DK, Pally & Hunters.

quick pic posing in ironforge

totally forgot my hunters had farmed the Spirit beasts

I'd go with a shaman healer over a paladin healer... They made Paladins melee healers, might be hard to manage a tank + ranged + healer (melee)

If I do melee groups I tend to make all 5 slots or at least 4 melee toons. When I do a ranged group the tank is the only one in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeral View Post
    Plus the paladin order hall is so much easier to navigate than the DK order hall with the stupid teleport. Half the things you use frequently are split between the 2 different levels, recruits, artifact forge, mission map, repair/gear vendor, etc.
    This is where the legion app is a god send. I do all the admin order hall stuff for my 2 teams (1 prof pally + 4 blood DK and 1 holy pally + 4 prof warrior) before I log on and it mostly removes the hassle (particularly of the DK order hall)

I was going to make a post about the Legion app if u dont have it u should download it, I only found about it 2 weeks ago, its so easy to log in and make orders, missions and collect AP. My warlock level up 2 levels just by doing the Xp missions

:O thought that xp was for followers not toon! oml have i missed out....

I use the app all the time when im at work! love it.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )