Close
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Showing results 51 to 52 of 52

How do you guys handle Hand of the Protector? I'm very familiar with setting up a single healer to heal a party, but I'm not sure the best way to essentially set up 5 healers to heal effectively.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Side note for Paladins, my goal was to do 4 Rets and 1 Prot, and at Ilvl 840-845 I could do Maw of Souls +2 and barely finish within the timer, biggest problem though is dps.
    You use Divine storm instead of Templars Verdict, so you sacrifice so much single target damage that through my testing a Prot Paladin team basically does the same exact dps (more so on trash). It didn't feel like I was gaining enough to offset the different. I would compare kill times on Boss fights and the ret team would usually finish 4-7 seconds faster.
    Looking at different options now, and potentially using a Holy Paladin instead. The second issue with Ret is that their DPS seems to be burst based and not very good sustained. Looking at warcraftlogs of top tier paladins and their fights, Only when they pop their wings does the dps look great, otherwise it drops into low levels compared to other classes.
    I am working on getting a few enhancement shaman as their rotation seems to be easier to hit close to 100% efficiency, and they provide a solid sustained dps throughout the fight.

The biggest pro's though for the Ret team is Blessing of Kings, at my Ilvl you place 4 Kings on your Tank and 2 on each DPS. This gives about an 8% shield absorb for the tank and 4-5% for each ret. It refreshes to full power every 6 seconds. It's truly a massive mitigation of most random damage thrown at you and that combined with Divine storm I can do an entire dungeon without having to heal at all. Word of Glory is used in those emergency situations, but it just further reduces your overall dps.
    Yea, while solo playing there are not many people that can beat my prot pally in dps for trash, it's amazing dmg.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer