Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default New Trade protection pop up

How are people getting around this for team trading?
    SecureTransferDialog.Button1

As it's name suggests, /click will not work or I'm doing it wrong.

What's I found quite funny is that my normal accept macro will show the pop up even without anything open. :/

Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click LFDRoleCheckPopupAcceptButton
    /click LFDDungeonReadyDialogEnterDungeonButton
    /click ReadyCheckFrameYesButton
    /script AcceptTrade();
    Edit
    AcceptTrade(); procs the pop up
    Last edited by Jabberie : 10-28-2016 at 01:22 PM

It was made secure to stop addons trading items/gold there was very nasty open code. I just use mouse repater to click.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    It was made secure to stop addons trading items/gold there was very nasty open code. I just use mouse repater to click.
    Yeah there were some gold sellers posting links in chat and if you clicked on the link while you were close to them it would run a macro that would open trade and give them your gold and items.

I was told it needed a specific addon as well but they were really mum on the specifics, they didn't want more people doing it I guess.

ElvUI is/was quite notorious for this exploit.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Aye, I know the reasons behind it, just wondered had any resourceful soul thought of new/unique ways around it.

Repeater it is then.

Over the years, Weakauras and Gryphonheart Items (RP realm addon) have been used as JohnGabriel mentioned.

Elvui wouldn't have that functionality.

Edit
    Mailbox has the same issue but only if sending off WoW account. Pity it's not Bnet level.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 10-28-2016 at 07:22 PM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    Aye, I know the reasons behind it, just wondered had any resourceful soul thought of new/unique ways around it.

Mailbox has the same issue but only if sending off WoW account. Pity it's not Bnet level.

Yeah, I got this popup when sending stuff between "Luxee" and "Luxxi", two toons in the same guild, same bnet and I said "The Fuck you may not know this person".

It is also making my raids loot system where everyone gives their personal loot to me (and then I redistribute, although it would admittedly be a more awesome system without the second step) extra tedious.

You'll find the most forum complaints about it from the raid leaders who have to give out flasks and whatnot to all their guildies. An already annoying job becomes more annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
    Elvui wouldn't have that functionality.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._to_remove_it/
    There was another instance where elvui showed a different amount of gold than you actually had. Can't quickly find a link, but w/e.

This is the exploit from last summer that didn't even require an addon afaik and is fixed now: https://blog.gdatasoftware.com/2016/...ost-you-dearly
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._to_remove_it/
    There was another instance where elvui showed a different amount of gold than you actually had. Can't quickly find a link, but w/e.

This is the exploit from last summer that didn't even require an addon afaik and is fixed now: https://blog.gdatasoftware.com/2016/...ost-you-dearly
    Did you read what and why it was there?
    Dev debug code.... Slightly different than the weakauras which allow custom scripts to trigger your gold while opening the trade window or GHI where you could force people to shout in trade with racist comments.

It feels like this has been relaxed a lot. Raid leading last night and we share out unwanted personal loot. Don't remember getting the pop up at all .

must check my teams tonight when I get home.