Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default high / low graphics key map settings?

alright. finally got a new computer setup. reactivated innerspace.
    I am having ISboxer setup flash backs, lol.

I have been searching for a bit through the site and google.
    Trying to locate some key map settings for high graphics on main, and 4 low graphics on the inactive windows.
    I didn't see anything in the setup wizard I did.

thanks in advance.

acid
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

What I use:

Main:

Code:
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies"); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies",1+a);
    /console farclip 2700
    /console textureFilteringMode 4
    /console projectedTextures 1
    /console waterDetail 2
    /console sunshafts 2
    /console renderscale 1

/console set Sound_MasterVolume 0.1
    /console set Sound_SFXVolume 0.2
    /console set Sound_MusicVolume 0
    /console set Sound_AmbienceVolume 0.5
    /console set Sound_DialogVolume 1
    /console set Sound_EnableAmbience 1

/console graphicsViewDistance 10
    /console graphicsEnvironmentDetail 10
    /console graphicsGroundClutter 1
    /console graphicsShadowQuality 6
    Alts:

Code:
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies"); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies");
    /console farclip 700
    /console textureFilteringMode 0
    /console projectedTextures 1
    /console waterDetail 0
    /console sunshafts 0
    /console renderscale 0.6

/console set Sound_MasterVolume 0.1
    /console set Sound_SFXVolume 0.1
    /console set Sound_MusicVolume 0
    /console set Sound_AmbienceVolume 0
    /console set Sound_DialogVolume 0
    /console set Sound_EnableAmbience 0

/console graphicsViewDistance 1
    /console graphicsEnvironmentDetail 1
    /console graphicsGroundClutter 1
    /console graphicsShadowQuality 1
    I personally dislike all the ground clutter so I've most of that disabled. There's a big thread MiRai put up a while back on the options.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 10-30-2016 at 08:16 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

this is what I needed. Thank you.
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

Ugh, I have some issues with your macro. You're doubling up on several commands which I imagine are causing more work for your hardware than is necessary.

1) You're setting farclip (View Distance), environmentDetail, and both groundEffectDist and Density, but you are then overwriting all of those entries with the one-line "graphics" setting at the bottom. Also, extShadowQuality is not a valid CVar.

2) If you aren't going to stick with the one-line CVars, then groundEffectDist cannot be set lower than 40, and groundEffectDensity cannot be set lower than 16, and setting farclip to any value < 1000 does not actually lower it below its floor of 1000.

3) I'd recommend using the one-line graphics CVars since, for a standalone CVar like shadowMode, the standalone settings don't take everything into effect, and simply changing shadowMode by itself doesn't change the other two CVars associated with shadows (shadowSoft and shadowTextureSize) unless you use the one-line graphicsShadowQuality option. I believe the same goes for a CVar like waterDetail, as well, in Legion.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Hmm. Let's go through them and I"ll tell you what I found.

The extShadowQuality CVar must have been a holdover I forgot to purge; It's documented in the older wikis but I don't see any effect using that one any more.

I did try the graphicsShadowQuality 1 vs 4 vs the shadowMode setting I was using and I can't really tell the difference.

farclip vs graphicsViewDistance
    • If I set graphicsViewDistance to 1 and then toggle farclip between 1000 and 2700, things pop in and out of view, so they do not appear to 100% overlap. Setting both as above does get you lower or higher detail/distance than setting one or the other.
    • You are correct about farclip having a floor of 1000, though I don't know how that would cause additional overhead. Guess this was another leftover I just didn't bother changing as it had the desired effect.
    • If I set farclip to 2700 and then call /console graphicsViewDistance 1, my FPS hovers at 186 90% of the time. If I set farclip to 1000 and then call /console graphicsViewDistance 1, my FPS hovers at 195 95% of the time. There does appear to be a performance difference when using both settings together, though very minor overall.

groundEffectDist+groundEffectDensity+environmentDe tail

• If I set the environmentDetail to the default of 100, then set graphicsViewDistance to 1, and then set environmentDetail to 0, a few things drop out of the scene. This was how I tested when building the macro.
    • After reading your post, if went back and toggled graphicsGroundClutter between 1 and 2 without touching the others and it does seem to do the same thing. Less typing at any rate.

waterDetail does seem to be covered by any others I'm aware of, and it's basically 3 different water reflection features rather than a quality level slider like some of the others. Did you have more detail on that one?

At any rate, thanks for pointing that out. I trimmed 4 lines in those macros, so even if my GPU doesn't notice it's still less to manage and moves more things into the forward-compatible options.

So is this somthing you use for switching screens? ie "do this macro when i switch toons" type thing?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    So is this somthing you use for switching screens? ie "do this macro when i switch toons" type thing?
    Yes, this is mentioned in the stickied forum thread that Ugh linked.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

There's a high setting and a low setting.

The high setting runs for the Current Window, as part of the swap.
    The low setting runs for the Windows: All without Current, also on the swap.

Having lesser settings on the windows you're not using, is going to help performance.

I found having a large disparity between high and low, would add a little bit of a delay to the swap speed.
    Without these settings, swap was basically (or very close to) instant.
    With a large disparity, there was a 3/4 second extra delay there.
    Because of that, I ended up with more like High Settings and Medium Settings.
    Or maybe more along the lines of 80% and 60% of maximum.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I found having a large disparity between high and low, would add a little bit of a delay to the swap speed.
    Without these settings, swap was basically (or very close to) instant.
    With a large disparity, there was a 3/4 second extra delay there.
    Because of that, I ended up with more like High Settings and Medium Settings.
    Or maybe more along the lines of 80% and 60% of maximum.
    In my experience, that happens when your texture quality (less so) and view distance (more so) settings are drastically different. None of the other settings ever seemed to matter much for swapping for me.