Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Threaded View

dumKLqn.jpg

Here is my best attempt on the last boss this week. I was bad and didn't use my 2nd potions and drums. It could have been a kill but there is so much else going on. I'm sure if I sat down and spend several more hours on this boss I would kill it.

I gave maiden 5 more attempts and gave up. Its just not going to happen until I massively overgear it. It also does not drop any loot that I need. I now think that Maiden is harder than the last boss, at least for a team of 5 melee.

I cleared to Viz'aduum again tonight and gave him another 15 or so attempts. I'm up to 38 attempts on this boss now and over 200k in pots and flasks.

I still struggle to get through p1 reliably. I pre-pot in p1 and do not use drums. I cannot rely on drums to push through p1 as they wont be up everytime. I have learned that If I do not kill the boss before the 2nd targeted fel laser then I will typically quickly wipe. P1 is the most mechanically difficult part of the fight. And the boss loves to put his portals in the worst spots. Sometimes I have to run through fire to get in them. I had at least 4 attempts ruined because of bad portal placement. I just need a bit more damage like 3-5% boss% to get through p1 with only one laser. Some of it is getting knocked back but its difficult to kite with one toon and then interrupt and strafe on the others. Right now the 2nd laser has just landed and leads to toons getting damaged and me having to take a break to heal up before i move up the p2 ship gauntlet to the boss.

In p3 is when I use my drums and 2nd pot. I also learned about a new ability in p3 that is absolutely brutal for melee boxers that no guides seems to mention...There are these bats called shadow spitters that spit AoE shadow within 6 yards onto your toons. I don't think you can dodge them since they happen almost instantly. The AoE from the bats very quickly became the number 1 most damaging thing on the entire fight. I was wondering why I was getting demolished in p3. The bats seem to spit every few seconds and its possible for multiple bats to spit at once. So you can get hit with almost 1 million damage few seconds + the felguards + the chaotic shadows dot + the felguards melee + the felguards cleave dot + the bosses fire dot(interruptable) and disintegrate (can dodge). It really is a stupid amount of damage going out. At the end of this 11% attempt the bats had done between 6-8 million damage to each of my characters.... Spreading out is not an option due to the AoE orb debuff and it would be harder to dodge disintegrate. I did try to move my toons with their back facing the wall so I could not get knocked back but I haven't been able to have all of my toons survive that far yet.

One thing I didn't try tonight was to drag the felguards onto the boss and then blow all CDs so that some of my damage is going into the boss. I had tried this initially but had only had a few attempts in p3. I was not able to kill the felguards intime before I had to interrupt the boss. It takes my DKs a long time to reach the end of that ship even with wraith walk. I have to be somewhat close to the boss so that I can interrupt him when he gets down to a few seconds left on his channel.

I guess I'll give it an hour or two of attempts each week but I may have to wait until I get 5 or so more ilevels before I can do this boss. If I ever do kill this boss I guess I'll work at maiden.

I did not do very well on the nightbane timed run. I think I was only making it to the opera event or just pulled the bosses when I failed the timer. I'd still have to do a few minutes of trash after the opera event. So I'm quite a ways off from beating that. I think groups who have the most success at beating this are groups with a lot of short CD AoE stuns such as a frost DK or WW Monk + prot warrior tank. The trash has lots of dangerous mechanics for boxers that inhibits pulling multiple packs without a lot of AoE stuns.

I think Karazhan overall is overtuned for the ilevel of the gear and quest rewards that drops in it.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-07-2016 at 01:24 AM