Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30

Hey man You got any tips for Shade of mediev, It would appear that no matter how still i actually stand, i still trigger flame wreath no matter what, i was able to brute force it with CD's but eventually ran out and wiped with my best attempt at 16%, Got demoralized and had to call it for now lol.

My current group comp is 5x Guardian druids 883/864/862/860/859

Quote Originally Posted by Nezreck View Post
    Hey man You got any tips for Shade of mediev, It would appear that no matter how still i actually stand, i still trigger flame wreath no matter what, i was able to brute force it with CD's but eventually ran out and wiped with my best attempt at 16%, Got demoralized and had to call it for now lol.

My current group comp is 5x Guardian druids 883/864/862/860/859
    What kind of DPS are they doing? I have 5 at much lower ilevel..810ish..but the dps is like 80k at best.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Currently holding an average of 190k-110k

I'm a weak team (ilvl 855 on average) of 1 Pal + 4 tanks.
    I did the first boss without problem, few try for Maiden, Moroes and the Horse.
    I did not pass the Conservator yet (Got him at 28% once, after 11 try, call it a day).

I will retry later, but i was expecting something undoable with my current gear and it seems doable.

Finally got around to finding the time to attune for this and managed to do a clear of Karazhan on my trinity team (Prot Paladin/Holy Paladin/ Beast master x 3).

With around 860, 34 traits and one legendary each, was a fantastic experience; took about 10-15 pulls for most of the bosses to get a strategy and then execute it.

Wikket: Not sure really had a strategy down for this. Ran around like a headless chicken, used 5x immunities to cheese the one shot mechanic without having to run my 5 into 5 seperate random void zones. Took a few pulls, but it went down with a good Core Hound Lust.

Maiden of Virtue: In the end, the best way i found of doing it was to spread out my ranged so that they didn't chain the holy bolts and just have them stand still. Yes, they stood in the bad stuff: I just healed through it. Once I did this, reducing the mechanical complexity of the encounter, she went down within a couple of pulls.

Moroes: Pretty much just did the fight as you're meant to. CC 3 of them, burst them down one by one. This is one of the fights where the coordination of multiboxing works in your favour.

Horseman:
    Dispelling the shadow is a small nightmare. I ended up just healing through it. Thought this was going to be tricky, then I just did a bloodlust pull on attempt 5 and the guy just... died. I was like "...oh."

Curator: fairly straightforward. Gave up trying to do a fancy pants spread for the electric zones, just had everybody follow the tank and ran around like a headless chicken. Beastmaster mobility.

Shade of Medivh: Didn't do anything too fancy here: played the fight as normal. interrupted the arcane bolts and the frost spell whenever I could, like the fire go through. Spread out and didn't really move around the entire fight; took 10 or so pulls before I got the execution down.

Mana Devourer: Tricky. Bursting it with potions and bloodlust was essential, because I couldn't hack more than two cycles. I ended up quickly kiting the boss away when the boss spread the mana, let my holy paladin and hunters lag behind a bit so the orbs all ended up going through then. used battle rezes/invulnerabilities to drop the stacks. Took a good few pulls to get down.

Viz'aduum the Watcher: My new favorite fight to multibox in the game. Its an execution fight; entirely possible once I had a strategy down, just entirely down to whether I was able to execute it properly... though the strategy I took certainly required every single one of my 860 item levels. The big weakness of the boss is that his health pool is actually pretty small.

Phase 1: Spread the ranged before the pull. Interrupt the first cast. Switch to whichever character gets tagged by the giant laser and run it away from the group. When the shadow orb debuff goes on, dispel it. If you've got your initial spread set up correctly, you survive it. Get everybody to follow and kite the boss around so everyone dodges the bombardment. Interrupt the casts throughout. If I'd done it right, the boss should transition before repeating the mechanics.

Phase 2: Hang around at the arrival point on the ship for about 45 seconds to get cooldowns back. Use follow to get the party to move as one and move down the ship. Burst the hell out of the boss (without using lust!) when you get the other side. Keep everyone together on follow to dodge the coming bombardments and the disintegrate casts. The plan was to burst the boss down so that he transitioned either before he casts the shadow orb debuff or before it triggers. If you get in the portal before it triggers, it triggers harmlessly.

Phase 3: i send out one of my hunters as a sacrificial lamb, cheetah down the ship, interrupt the boss and promptly die. Ideally, I wanted to combat rez him, but I couldn't get in range reliably. Spread the gang so the bats don't AoE them down. Let the boss come down to you, sidestepping the disintegrates. Not all the adds will come with him, but AoE any that do come down ASAP. Pop lust. Kill the goddamn boss before he kills you. When the triple shadow orb debuff happens, I used immunities on everybody (Divine Shield, Aspect of the Turtle) to survive it. I needed to use a combat rez on my victorious pull, but other than the mistake I made there, the first time I executed the strategy cleanly, he went down on the 27th pull.

Great dungeon, challenging for my team, but always felt possible. I think it'll take a bit more gear before I can think about triggering Nightbane (and some practice on the individual bosses). got a second legendary out of a cache this morning for one of my toons (Chain of Thrayn for Holy Paladin, not bad), so suspect I will get a flood of legendaries for the others this as the pity timer kicks in for each of them, hoping that will help get me there.

I suspect I'll have a great deal more problems with some of these guys when Karazhan gets Mythic Plussed. Bosses like Viz'aduum, Mana Devourer and Maiden of Pain will need adjusted strategies when the damage/health gets too big to execute my strategies at a certain keystone level.
    Last edited by RedSorc : 02-09-2017 at 06:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RedSorc View Post
    Finally got around to finding the time to attune for this and managed to do a clear of Karazhan on my trinity team (Prot Paladin/Holy Paladin/ Beast master x 3).

With around 860, 34 traits and one legendary each, was a fantastic experience; took about 10-15 pulls for most of the bosses to get a strategy and then execute it.
    WoW! Nice job! I have been thinking about using this exact same set up. My BMs put out more dps than my Rets and they just hit 110 a few days ago..just got third relic slot as well. Might have to get my Holy pals artifact built up!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    WoW! Nice job! I have been thinking about using this exact same set up. My BMs put out more dps than my Rets and they just hit 110 a few days ago..just got third relic slot as well. Might have to get my Holy pals artifact built up!
    Can't really see past BM for dps in a trinity set up. I find I want five things out of my dps: an easy rotation, ranged, an immunity, mobility and some self healing. BM gives all five, and then you get the lust/combat rezes out of the pets. I've tried and leveled a bunch of classes to 110, quite liked the Vengeance DH for a bit for the great AoE stun and burst AoE for a bit, eventually returned to the BM.

Wasn't expecting Holy Paladin to be my go to healer, but love it in the end. Beacon of Virtue is fantastic, straightforward and easy to use AoE healing, they have lots of instant cast spells to remain mobile and they have an immunity. It wasn't the end of the world to use someone without an immunity in the healer slot, because I could use Blessing of Spellwarding from the paladin to cover it, but its certainly more comfortable being able to immunity the whole gang in a single GCD.

Hi all. I can finally join the Return to Karazhan completion club. I'm running a Pally, 4DK setup. I attempted it around Christmas, but only killed the Opera Event. Attuneman was too difficult. With the increase in ilvl and 940 legendaries, you can burst it down.

The hardest encounters for me were Curator and Mana Devourer. I actually oneshot Viz'aduum.

For Curator, the tips from Xen about enabling follow strobe and constantly moving worked well. Sometimes it helped to stay still, sidestep the pools and cleanup the small adds, then start moving again.

For Mana Decourer, pop your stat pot before battle, drums, dps until mana is released. Position your DKs around the boss so they have a chance to get a few balls. Go around and collect as many with the paladin. Don't remove the stacks because it increases your DPS that you really need. Once the 1st pot is done, pop your 2nd. If you collect enough mana balls, you can dps him down before the explosion.
    Paladin Tank - Bubbleshox
    Blood DKs - Deathshox, Warshox, Conquestshox, Famineshox
    <Clan of the Red Dragon> - Malygos - Alliance

Got Nightbane down. I'm sad I didn't really have as much time to play in 7.1 as I'd have liked, because I think I could have got him down within 7.1 if I had done.

Team was Prot Paladin/Holy Priest/BM x3. Gear ~ 885 Ilvl, significantly lower on the holy priest. Had a small nightmare as I DCed as I entered Curator's room first try on the timer. Doh. Other than that, the timer went pretty smoothly with Beautiful Beast as the Opera event, which is probably the easiest and quickest one. Could imagine that invis potting past the trash after the opera would help make the first crystal; if you can make the first one, you're pretty much golden, its by far the hardest bit.

I go Opera - > Clear the First ballroom down the stairs -> run back up and get the crystal near maiden -> Moroes -> Down to the original entrance and clear the spiders -> Curator. The first crystal is the tightest bit, its then just about not screwing up Moroes.

The boss itself was a bit of a let down, as it went down in 2 pulls. Pots+ Lusted on pull, just had my toons follow the tank and pulled 'em out of the fire each time it spawned. Switched to whoever was soul fired and put them back in the fire once the team was out. Used my 5x immunities if it ever looked like I was going to screw up the soul fire. Used second pot on the bone skeleton dude to get him down a bit faster, but probably could have saved it for phase 3.

On the kill pull, I screwed up a soul fire and my tank had to do the last ~2-3% solo. He's a prot paladin with Saruan's, so that wasn't a problem as his self healing is crazy.

Got a really nice 890 Titanforged Ethereal Urn for my troubles which was nice.
    Last edited by RedSorc : 04-02-2017 at 01:32 PM

Awesome, enjoy hearing more trinity teams doing well.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz