Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

dumKLqn.jpg

Here is my best attempt on the last boss this week. I was bad and didn't use my 2nd potions and drums. It could have been a kill but there is so much else going on. I'm sure if I sat down and spend several more hours on this boss I would kill it.

I gave maiden 5 more attempts and gave up. Its just not going to happen until I massively overgear it. It also does not drop any loot that I need. I now think that Maiden is harder than the last boss, at least for a team of 5 melee.

I cleared to Viz'aduum again tonight and gave him another 15 or so attempts. I'm up to 38 attempts on this boss now and over 200k in pots and flasks.

I still struggle to get through p1 reliably. I pre-pot in p1 and do not use drums. I cannot rely on drums to push through p1 as they wont be up everytime. I have learned that If I do not kill the boss before the 2nd targeted fel laser then I will typically quickly wipe. P1 is the most mechanically difficult part of the fight. And the boss loves to put his portals in the worst spots. Sometimes I have to run through fire to get in them. I had at least 4 attempts ruined because of bad portal placement. I just need a bit more damage like 3-5% boss% to get through p1 with only one laser. Some of it is getting knocked back but its difficult to kite with one toon and then interrupt and strafe on the others. Right now the 2nd laser has just landed and leads to toons getting damaged and me having to take a break to heal up before i move up the p2 ship gauntlet to the boss.

In p3 is when I use my drums and 2nd pot. I also learned about a new ability in p3 that is absolutely brutal for melee boxers that no guides seems to mention...There are these bats called shadow spitters that spit AoE shadow within 6 yards onto your toons. I don't think you can dodge them since they happen almost instantly. The AoE from the bats very quickly became the number 1 most damaging thing on the entire fight. I was wondering why I was getting demolished in p3. The bats seem to spit every few seconds and its possible for multiple bats to spit at once. So you can get hit with almost 1 million damage few seconds + the felguards + the chaotic shadows dot + the felguards melee + the felguards cleave dot + the bosses fire dot(interruptable) and disintegrate (can dodge). It really is a stupid amount of damage going out. At the end of this 11% attempt the bats had done between 6-8 million damage to each of my characters.... Spreading out is not an option due to the AoE orb debuff and it would be harder to dodge disintegrate. I did try to move my toons with their back facing the wall so I could not get knocked back but I haven't been able to have all of my toons survive that far yet.

One thing I didn't try tonight was to drag the felguards onto the boss and then blow all CDs so that some of my damage is going into the boss. I had tried this initially but had only had a few attempts in p3. I was not able to kill the felguards intime before I had to interrupt the boss. It takes my DKs a long time to reach the end of that ship even with wraith walk. I have to be somewhat close to the boss so that I can interrupt him when he gets down to a few seconds left on his channel.

I guess I'll give it an hour or two of attempts each week but I may have to wait until I get 5 or so more ilevels before I can do this boss. If I ever do kill this boss I guess I'll work at maiden.

I did not do very well on the nightbane timed run. I think I was only making it to the opera event or just pulled the bosses when I failed the timer. I'd still have to do a few minutes of trash after the opera event. So I'm quite a ways off from beating that. I think groups who have the most success at beating this are groups with a lot of short CD AoE stuns such as a frost DK or WW Monk + prot warrior tank. The trash has lots of dangerous mechanics for boxers that inhibits pulling multiple packs without a lot of AoE stuns.

I think Karazhan overall is overtuned for the ilevel of the gear and quest rewards that drops in it.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-07-2016 at 01:24 AM

Nice, you're doing a very good job in Kara!

I have yet to attune all my characters and try it out myself as a full boxing team. I've been prioritizing my neglected hunter team lately.

Looking at the different encounters, I think the westfall story which me and my friend played is probably one of the harder ones in the opera. Also I now understand that our total failure on Maiden was inevitable. It only took me a few attempts to quickly decide that it will not work. So in a way I'm relieved that that you did not beat it, because I'm having a hard time seeing myself doing that ever :P

Seeing as I quickly stumbled upon some troublesome bosses, I assumed that the rest of Kara would be even harder and decided to wait with it. But I should probably be able to get some bosses down fairly painless if I just skip Maiden.

I also think that Kara felt a bit overtuned compared to the same Ilvl gear available from other sources (mythic+ or raids). Thats too bad because it's some nice content that would be fun to enjoy without endless wipes on a lot of bosses. Just pushing the same mythic dungeons in + get's a bit repetitive.

Anyway keep it up, and good luck with beating the last boss! I think we as a boxing melee team fairly can exclude the Maiden because it's just stupid with a melee team.

Blog Entries

I loved Karazhan, as a 10-man, playing one character in our guild raids.
    That might have been my favorite raid.

Has it been modified at all, for the current/previous expansions?
    Or is it more or less, as it was... except you're both higher level/more geared but needing to adapt to one person controlling everything when the raid was up to ten independent actions...?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I loved Karazhan, as a 10-man, playing one character in our guild raids.
    That might have been my favorite raid.

Has it been modified at all, for the current/previous expansions?
    Or is it more or less, as it was... except you're both higher level/more geared but needing to adapt to one person controlling everything when the raid was up to ten independent actions...?
    The first half of the dungeon is very much the same, 1 or 2 differences on mainden, moroes, attunemen, curator, nightbane if you get him, and 3 new opera events. The last few bosses are different, the shade fight is very similar though. If you loved old kara, you will love this kara.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Is Chess part of the updated instance?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Is Chess part of the updated instance?
    Yes but you no longer control the pieces. You kill the lesser pieces and they attack via aoe based on their movement. So a bishop piece for example will make a diagonal line of AoE. You get 30 seconds to dps the king every time you kill a lesser piece then he gets a shield that severely lowers his damage taken and may put an aoe field around himself. What I do is just kill all of the lesser pieces and then just kill the king as he kind of gets stunned each time you kill a lesser piece but if they are all dead you just burn him down as hes stunned until he dies.

It can be a little tricky but the mobs do not respawn(I dont think) if you die. The only real way to die is to get hit by some avoidable aoe from the pieces and king.

Note: Chess is not a boss fight its a trash fight just before the last boss. Before that you have to deal with this annoying round of fel bats and a few Eredar mobs before you get to the chess room. I believe you have to taunt the bats to bring them down. What makes it annoying is you are on a somewhat tight bridge and you can die if you fall off. The aoe from the bats is quite deadly if you don't move out of it.
    Last edited by Xeneres : 11-10-2016 at 10:47 AM

Very interesting change. Thanks!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Viz'aduum the Water down.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...her-Multiboxed

So 7/9 Karazhan bosses multiboxed.

It will probably be awhile before I can get Maiden and Nightbane down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    Viz'aduum the Water down.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...her-Multiboxed

So 7/9 Karazhan bosses multiboxed.

It will probably be awhile before I can get Maiden and Nightbane down.
    Nice! Gratz!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Big woot woot to you Xeneres
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer