Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

It seems like the healing rain is way more effective than the consecrate with the insta heals also loaded in. Must be missing something..
    The bubbles and other defensive cooldowns must bring advantage to the tank specs.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    It seems like the healing rain is way more effective than the consecrate with the insta heals also loaded in. Must be missing something..
    The bubbles and other defensive cooldowns must bring advantage to the tank specs.
    The only downside to tanks right now is they nerfed our damage quite a bit. Going to be tough to do any really high end mythic+ at only half the DPS.

They should not have nerfed tanks to begin with. The DPS whined enough but DPS scales well with gear and they eventually catch up, but now tanks are behind.

If you can make it work with Shamans you'll have an easier time in mythics once your iLevel gets up into the 860 range.

I think its mostly the ability to take more damage AND do very good self healing ( prot pal and blood dk anyway ) also the dps is respectable. Im doing 180K single target on my prots..thats half what good dps do but the survivability makes up for it.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Is the Nerf JohnGabriel is mentioning live, or is that on the PTR and it's coming? because I would be happy with 5x doing 180k dps single target, if regular dps does 360k.
    What that ends up being is 5x180=900 vs 180+360x3=1260, overall only losing 25% damage and gaining so much survive.
    If the discrepancy though is coming where the dps will end up being even worse, then may not be worth it.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Is the Nerf JohnGabriel is mentioning live, or is that on the PTR and it's coming? because I would be happy with 5x doing 180k dps single target, if regular dps does 360k.
    What that ends up being is 5x180=900 vs 180+360x3=1260, overall only losing 25% damage and gaining so much survive.
    If the discrepancy though is coming where the dps will end up being even worse, then may not be worth it.
    The nerf is live and was shortly after the expansion released. We've been dealing with it for a couple weeks now.

My paladin tanks are putting out nowhere near 180k DPS at ~840ish iLevel. It's closer to ~100k sustained unless there's a ton of trash being hit by all the AoE. I don't know about the guys doing mythics in 865+ gear, though.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    My paladin tanks are putting out nowhere near 180k DPS at ~840ish iLevel. It's closer to ~100k sustained unless there's a ton of trash being hit by all the AoE. I don't know about the guys doing mythics in 865+ gear, though.
    Well I'm not 865+ but closing in. I'm probably doing closer to 100k rather than 180k. But I think much have to do with if you use Old war pots or not. Those will really increase your dps, and lower the duration of a boss fight, resulting in a bigger part of a boss fight being done during cools, and then a higher dps. Add drums to that and you have an insane burst.

Fair enough; I usually don't bother with consumables as I'm usually not pushing for progression.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Fair enough; I usually don't bother with consumables as I'm usually not pushing for progression.
    Feeling the same way. I use the cheap stuff, flask sometimes and prolonged power pots which I can easily support with just some little flower picking during my world questing. When you start drinking Old war pots the cost flies away, and you probably have to spend equal time farming flowers than actually playing dungeons

My guys are at 860ish il..all three traits. ill post my talents and stats when i get back home tonight.

I only use food and drums so far. I do have the cheaper enchants on all my enchantable gear as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )