Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Durable Mouse

Default Durable Mouse

I'm sure I'm not the only one with the problem. I tend to wear out my mice fast.

I've tried Razer - PoS that fall apart and way over priced.

Logitech (variety) works great, but ultimately suffers from the annoying double-click problems . That issue is easy to fix, but I don't want to have to keep doing it every couple months.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap durable mouse that has the two side buttons? Mainly interested in very reliable and durable left-mouse and side button clicks.

I use the Logitech G502, seems fine. Not sure about any double click problems this is the second one I've owned and no real problems, they just get old and touchy after a couple years. I've been sticking with Logitech mostly because I also use the 710+ keyboard and don't want to bother with having multiple software installed.

The G502 has weights that can be added/removed to get it the perfect weight. It has 5 extra buttons that are easily distinguishable and easy to reach. 3 extra for the thumb and 2 extra for the index finger.

Its about $60 at amazon.

I used to have a Logitech mouse where you could add weights to it - it eventually suffered the same problem. Wasn't that exact model but close.
    It seems like all the mice now days use a cheap copper spring for the buttons, which eventually get flattened with extensive use.

My hands are on the smaller size and I'm not very aggressive clicking so might be why I never run into that problem. My problems are always related to the laser movement, the pointer gets kindof flakey movement.

I purchased this computer 6/25/2015 and its the second mouse I bought, this mouse still going strong so I think about 10 months per mouse would be about the average for me.

Blog Entries

I had the naga lose middle click after only about 18 months so I went back to logitech (using their mmo mouse now). I'll also add that I'm not super brutal. I prefer logitech software. Razr seemed to think they should be my social media outlet and updated all the damn time to no visible.

If you are hard on stuff, maybe try corsair? My aluminum keyboard (the vengeance) is going strong after 4 or 5 years with no problems besides being kind of gross if you look closely at it.

I should probably clean my keyboard.

Thanks Luxlunae, I'll look at corsair. I suppose I just tend to be hard on my mice or maybe just unlucky. I've gone through at least 4 mice in two years, including the occasional self-repair.