Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Question ISBoxer targeted spells

Hi - I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience defining a broadcast as follows.

What I'd like to do:

The main and active window is my tank. I press the "P" key, move the mouse cursor to the middle of the screen and release the "P" key.

What I'd like to happen in that scenario:

1) On the healer (non-active window), when the "P" key is pressed, the Gift of the Queen spell is fired (targetting recticule is activated).
    2) When the key is released, the mouse is clicked in the same place on the healer window, where the mouse cursor is placed in the tank window (for example in the middle of the screen)

Would that be possible and if so, how would I go about it in ISBoxer?
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

I was just using a macro like this on all of them:

Code:
    /script SetView(2); SetView(2);
    /cast rain of fire

Hi Andrea - thanks for the useful input as usual

How does that work? Wouldn't that just trigger the targeting recticule without firing the spell?

I would assume a fairly simple 2-step mapped key set to trigger when the key is "pressed OR released" would do fine.

The first step would simply call the bind/macro for Gift of the Queen on your secondary character and the second step would do a "Sync Cursor Action" (Target of "All w Current" would work fine) and send your Mouse1 key.

I use something similar for some ground targetted spells. The only real difference is that I usually have the mouse sync happening in step 1, so that there are atleast a few frames between that and the actual click to make sure it has time to work. Not sure if it's really necessary though.

The idea of the /setview macros is to force the tank and the healer (or target of the next click), to have the same perspective.

In the Mapped Key Wizard, there is an option for "Straight Key Broadcast Plus Click" which sets up the option for ground based targeted skills. You press it, it fires the skill, thus bringing up the targeting pointer on the recipient, it also turns on mouse broadcasting via VideoFX, until your next click of the mouse, which it then turns off mouse broadcasting, and you are back to normal with your skill cast on the target.

The advantage of the VideoFX next click action, is that you can increase the default size of the viewer (from 0,0) so you can actually see what is on the targets view. You can even set it to temporary overlay completely on your tank, until you click your desired target (whether ground or other). You might also edit the resulting mapped key so you can have a different hotkey to what is sent to the game. The wizard generated ones are good, but they are also fairly simple so special requirements might need a bit of editing.

Blog Entries

I didn't really play around with the setview that much.
    Basically, when I was playing with it, you'd position the slave cameras and then setview.
    And there were supposed to be four or five views you could use.
    But setting from one to the next, even with different views, and then trying to have it switch from one to another didn't do anything.

Maybe it was bugged, at the time.
    If you can set the views to be the same and toggle into an AoE view on all screens.
    So that even if the active window's camera is changed a bit...
    And a previously active window had their camera view angle changed...

But now that you're pressing the AoE key the views are all aligned.
    That's going to make the targeting a bit better.

What I did was set the camera to follow my characters.
    And I had that set on all of the slaves.
    I had two mapped keys, one for high details and one for low details.
    When I did a character swap, the main window (window:current) would run the high details, to get all of the eye candy my system could handle without any performance loss.
    And the other windows (window: all without current) would run the low details mapped key.

For reference on this idea:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...Video-Settings
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...hlight=console

Both of the settings had the camera auto adjust to trail behind the character if they were to move.
    Even if I was in a window previously, and messed up the angle by dragging the camera about to have a better view of something...
    With the camera adjusting to 'follow' the character, it would very quickly have a behind looking ahead view.
    Ditto for the main window, move forward for a few seconds and the camera was aligned again.

The mouse broadcast is covered a few times in the forum.
    'Example F', in Post #5 is how I did it: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/2...S-Boxer-(Long)
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    Hi Andrea - thanks for the useful input as usual

How does that work? Wouldn't that just trigger the targeting recticule without firing the spell?

Yes just press the key twice.. it worked with healing rain and gift of the queen in the same macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Yes just press the key twice.. it worked with healing rain and gift of the queen in the same macro.
    I ended up with a three-step process (spamming the same key) which seems to work (seems to be similar to your solution?):

1) Send command to start casting gift of the queen (enable targetting)
    2) Sync cursor (from main window)
    3) Fire spell

This seems to do the trick except when ISBoxer for some reason sometimes (like 1 out of 10) doesn't cast at the target location from the main window, though I'm still fairly now to ISBoxer and don't know the ins and outs yet Maybe I need a delay or something like that.

My macro was in game and I just had one key bound in isboxer... I don't use any step functions ever so no clue there.

But if you don't use ISBoxer to do the steps, wouldn't you have to target the spell manually? I mean, otherwise it'll just fire at whereever the mouse cursor happens to be?