Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Dual-Box Legion Herb Gathering

I will preface this post by apologizing. I have less than 24 hours using multi-boxing software (Hotkey Net 0.1.45 build 210 in my case), so I will probably ask a question that you have either seen a dozen times or figured out on you own within a few hours of tinkering. Sadly, I don't have as much time to play and tinker as I used to, and I've recently made the mistake of volunteering to be the resident flower picker for my guild, so most of my free time is devoted to providing herbs for the EN runs. I don't mind it too much, I find herbalism relaxing, I can put on a H3H3 playlist and have a few hundred Starlight Roses by the time I'm all goofed out. However, there would be a huge decrease in farming time if I had an extra helping hand, or in this case, account to multi-box with.

With that out of the way, the only forum post that came close to what I am looking for is this

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...with-Mouseover

A script that allows me to click or press a keybind on a quest objective, herb, or really any collectable and collect it on all accounts at once. The best I could do is mimic the mouse clicks over to the other slave accounts, however they were always in different spots than where the object was and doing this would make the 2nd window the focus, also doing this prevented me from using M1 and M2 simultaneously to move on the masters window. Any help would be most appreciated.

When I gather (herbs or mining), I have the slaves on follow and walk the main char up to the left of the node, a bit ahead of it. Then I move the slaves forward to stand in the same location (I have the movement keys for slaves only bound to the forward key). Then I turn on mouse broadcasting and simply right click the node and all chars will start gathering.

It's a good idea to include a SetView(4) (or similar) on your follow macro to make sure all characters have the same camera position. Also, using advanced loot turned on i jamba will make sure you don't get stuck with an "object busy" notfication.
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

You don't really need to move your other characters. Just move up so the herb is on either side of you, and use a key that does two things:

1. Sends the in-game keybinding to setview so all your alts have the same camera angle, and
    2. Sends the in-game keybinding for interact-with-target.

I hit it five or six times while I move my mouse around over where the herb is. In this way your toons don't move and there's no chance one of'em won't loot by accidentally right clicking on the ground next to the herb.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    2. Sends the in-game keybinding for interact-with-target.
    You meant interact-with-mouseover no doubt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You meant interact-with-mouseover no doubt.
    This. IWM keeps your click to move toons from running all over the place.

What I currently do (after camera adjustment etc) is just broadcast left clicks on a node, as left click doesn't trigger Click-to-Move.

But while I'm writing this, I finally might have realized the mouseover macro meaning, as you can make it broadcast automatically on each client without the need toggling broadcasting on and off again on every node.. hmm interesting

While I multiharvest only a couple of hours in a week, I've started to think how much Blizzard dislikes this method? I know there's no exploits used, just taking advantage on the nodes on multiple accounts but still.

I read /r/woweconomy a lot, and people with millions of gold have had some troubles, not with multiharvesting but in general. Some unexpected bans for "abusing the economy" with just buying low, selling high.

Blizzard seem to take the realm economies much more seriously than before? I admit that current maximum of 10 taps per node is an overkill, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got lowered down to 5 taps or even less.
    Last edited by beeq : 10-21-2016 at 03:20 AM

If the stuff is selling well.. than there cant be too much of it out there right?. I don't think the few MBs out there are going to influence a decision to change anything. Crafting takes a ton of mats, so i think the demand will stay for awhile. But you never know!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    If the stuff is selling well.. than there cant be too much of it out there right?. I don't think the few MBs out there are going to influence a decision to change anything. Crafting takes a ton of mats, so i think the demand will stay for awhile. But you never know!
    Well it would be easy to overwhelm some herbs or ores, especially with 10 characters. It feels a lot like cheating when you mine a Felslate Seam and get 100 Felslates from it, and 10 chances to proc mobs, which drop at least 10 Felslates for each miner up to 5 characters.. If I get a Felslate Seam and interracting it spawns 3 mobs, that's 250 Felslate in total from one node. Tbh it screams for nerf :P

With all the golds, it would be even easier to reset markets, buying like everything, reposting at 500% market value (creating a wall), and that can be considered ban-worth activities, unless the people who got banned, really got their ban for other reasons, but they don't just admit it :P

10 characters need 10 times more gear, 10 times more flasks, 10 times more food. So getting 10 times more ore to sell doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

I feel like Blizzard is happy with this feature, as the bots don't seem to be able to make use it, its only helping groups and raids of real people. Bots just seem to be pathing from one node to the next in singles since keeping them together would be more work.

I'm sure Blizzard is collecting the data and if its too much then its too much and they will change it to allow a fewer number per node. That will just be the normal way of things, to add a feature then fine tune it.

We shouldn't worry.

I'm sure Blizzard is collecting the data and if its too much then its too much and they will change it to allow a fewer number per node. That will just be the normal way of things, to add a feature then fine tune it.
    I would think if they really didn't want bots exploiting nodes, they could just make the nodes more populous and allow more people to mine them, so the market would not be conducive to the perils of scarcity. Reducing the availability would just make automated harvesting more lucrative.
    We shouldn't worry.
    /agree
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)