Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default First time melee team, need some help!

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my first team going, 5 prot paladins, currently level 12, and finished my first dungeon run! (Deadmines). However I ran into the following problem:

- My characters are not moving during the fight and get ''out of range'' quite often, how do I get the characters to follow the boss during a fight? I tried interact with target but that just seems to attack him but not follow him..

- What do you when my main char dies?
    I currently use a assist key on most of my spells.. for example, for a heal I use /assist <main> /cast Flash of Light.. however, if my main dies that wouldn't work, how do you guys deal with that? I've tried multiply assists but that's just messy and not working at all ;/

Thanks in advance, I am enjoying multiboxing so far!
    Team 1: DH Tank - Druid Healer - 3x BM Hunter

Hi Make sure you have click to move enabled in the interface options.

It's worth noting that there's no actual /follow for enemies, only click-to-move+interact-with-target, which has to be pressed again every time the boss moves out of melee range.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

As UMHH mentioned, IWT needs to be pressed each time your character(s) need to move or turn towards an enemy. A lot of people (myself included) just end up sending our IWT keys with our DPS spells, so it gets spammed during combat. This can lead to other issues, like toons running off after the mob dies, or them spinning eradically around the target. For both issues you need a bind for backpeddling to stop them. Ideally you could just use a separate bind for your IWT for more control, but atleast I found that I fights with a lot of movement I ended up just spamming that, so it was just easier to send it with the DPS keys.

As far as the issue of your lead dying: Most people use ISBoxer nowadays, which sets up an FTL (Focusless, Targetless, Leadersless) setup for you automatically. The system works so your Assist and Follow keys send different commands to your other toons, based on the character you are currently leading from, making it possible to switch your lead character on the fly and not have it change the functionality of your team one bit. This is perfectly achievable with other software solutions as well, but does take a bit more work.

Ive been trying to setup IWT for about 4 hours now and I just can't seem to get it working, for some reason it did work once, but now it wont work anymore. I have the default settings in ISBoxer, and I enabled click to move but every time I click the IWT button CTM gets disabled, and there's no setting that I can find regarding that matter.. each tutorial i see is outdated as shit and doesnt work at all, it's getting quite frusturating ISboxer is not noob friendly ;/

edit;
    Now I managed to get it to work by enabling CTW with same key as the IWT, however its only working on my main char, the rest doesnt follow the orders ;/ bleghhhh
    Last edited by Exityz : 10-19-2016 at 06:50 PM

The way I do it is on my W key (my IWT key) I have two copies of it.

W -> Pressed = enable click-to-move -> all other, then send the interact-with-target key -> all other
    W -> Released = disable click-to-move -> all other

This makes it so they aren't always enabled so random right-clicks in the world won't send them off into the wild blue yonder. If that's not detailed enough, holler and I'll explain whatever isn't obvious to you.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Exityz View Post
    edit;
    Now I managed to get it to work by enabling CTW with same key as the IWT, however its only working on my main char, the rest doesnt follow the orders ;/ bleghhhh
    You probably having it sent to "Window current" and you want it sent to "Window All w/current" or "Window All w/o current"

I would like to suggest having it on its own keybind and not sent with your DPS keybind. Both because the constant "toon runaway" is annoying and sometimes when you need to run away from something on the ground you can continue to spam your DPS key (for your ranged attacks) and not have them run back to melee range.

You do need to press IWT very often though so needs to be a keybind thats easy to reach, I put mine on the mouse.

Blog Entries

I used to have an 'Action Target Group', which is just a predefined group.
    You drag characters into the group or out of the group, at least initially.

There is a mapped key action to add characters to an Action Target Group.
    And there is a mapped key action to remove characters from an ATG.

My spam key would enable click to move (press) and sent the IWT mapped key to the 'Melee' action target group.
    And then releasing the key would disable the click to move.

Then I just had a toggle key.
    Press adds characters to the group.
    Press again removes characters from the group.
    So I could easily toggle if I wanted my spam key (without changing the key I was spamming) to have my melee IWT or not.

I'm not sure if IS Boxer is exactly the same anymore... but this should give an idea on my setup: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...469#post312469
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Well thanks for the attempt to help me guys, but I give up.. spend another 6hours on trying to set this thing up but I just can't get it to work..

I have enabled IWT in Variable Keystroke to key E
    ISB42 - WoW under Key Maps I enabled the click to move on (pressed)
    ISB42 - woW under key maps, I disable click to move on (released)
    Under: ISB42 - Party, I enabled IWT Standard on key E.

This should be all that i'd have to configurate I think as I can't find any other IWT/Release options... Upon logging into the game nothing happens when holding, or releasing the button E... So i'm kinda done for now, I just can't get it work, glad I didn't buy legion for my 5 accounts because I don't think i'm able to run this tool like you guys, i'm too much of a noob with this isboxer ;/

Long shot and i didnt read everything here but make sure ISboxer addon is turned on all your alt accounts