Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 5 Paladins Eye of Azshara Mythic

If anyone is wondering why my slaves are hardly ever using Avenging Wrath, it's because I apparently had misplaced it to the action-button just next to where it is placed on my main. So when my main uses drums (hero) that's the only time they use it. That's far from optimal, but things still went pretty good.

I had feared this dungeon for a long time. I had played it on normal some time ago, and was very surprised when I was struggling on Serpentrix and King Deepbeard. (I could by that time cruise through most heroics).

I decided to start with Serpentrix, to avoid the environmental debuffs applied after each boss.
    After a couple wipes, I accepted the fact that slaves will at times fall down into any of the water holes. So instead of trying hard to avoid that, I was anticipating that, and instead focused on how to get them up again effectively.
    Once I learned how to handle the mechanics good enough, the fight is doable. I used at least one I-Win cooldown on each submerge, and also at times where I knew the poison was just going to be all around the boss.

King Deepbeard have one troublesome mechanic for boxers. It's the Quake with the Aftershock, which requires all characters to be spread out. If they are not, it will be deadly even for a team of tanks. It took me 2 attempts to understand that the spreading out during Aftershock is the highest prio of all the mechanics in that fight. After that he just went down.

The rest of the bosses was very easy in regular mythic. They had interesting and fun mechanics, but none of them were totally deadly even if failed, and they could just be broken by any of my cools. (Only reason 1 char died at Parjesh was because I simply did not react in any way to the spear dot I received due to fail mechanic, I should have healed that or used a cooldown.)

This is so good to hear.. i fear that big ugly Serpent as well! Good job and Gratz!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    This is so good to hear.. i fear that big ugly Serpent as well! Good job and Gratz!
    Thanks
    Hopefully this won't be so hard to more times. I was having a bad cold and was playing suboptimal in many ways. Still can't believe I played the whole instance and not noticing my slaves not getting the wings as they should.
    Sometime in the future I may try this on +1 or something. If I will try to beat the timer would depend on if I've become good enough to 1 shot serpentrix. In that case I would also do King Deepbeard straight after which is more of a challenge than the rest of the bosses.

Very nice.. what's your item lvl at now?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Very nice.. what's your item lvl at now?
    847-849 with 2nd golden artifact trait reached.

serpentrix is giving me hell.. i hate this fight.. you have to run around the whole time..just the first few secs of the fight you can stand still..drives me nuts! Any more details how you do this David? Im 5 prot palys as well.

mythic btw

So after 2+ hours i finally cleared this place.. i wont be back until my artifacts are maxed lol.. but i wiped on a few bosses 3-5 times!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    So after 2+ hours i finally cleared this place.. i wont be back until my artifacts are maxed lol.. but i wiped on a few bosses 3-5 times!
    Well done!
    Yeah the Serpentrix encounter requires us to constantly move. As a paladin that's not so bad, because it doesn't have to impact our dps very much. Judgement and avenger's shield are ranged, and SotR can be saved and spent when we have a window of not having to move. But if we need to get up SotR for defensive purposes, and at the same time have to move, then you will have to sneak one in anyway.
    Also I used a cooldown for each submerge, so I can just burst one down without having to die from the bosses rampage.